What's this then? Scratch building

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Good luck on the maiden!

Just another $0.02... (since I know you're a fellow Lidl glider fan) my Lidl BlackBird is still sub 250 with fpv gear... bet yours could be too! ;)
It could however it flies so nicely as it is I don't want to change anything and possibly mess up it's 'special sauce' :)
The outlaw250 flies great, different but great. It has a block on top speed, 2S, 3S, pretty much the same maximum speed. Inverted? nope, hates inverted. Loops? well, sort of. Gliding? it has a glide slope, and it's steep. Flying at super low speed and still being stable? Yes!!!! It's forté
And, super noisy whenever the motor is turning 😆😁😆😁

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
This evening was a just perfect! Almost no wind, warm and sunny. So I made a point of videoing the Outlaw250. Even crashed it in this flight and being so light there was absolutely no damage!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Cute little AIO (All In One) camera for the Outlaw250. Fixed at 25mw output but that should be fine as I plan on doing low level pootling around the place with this plane.
IMG_20190706_190043947.jpg

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Cute little AIO (All In One) camera for the Outlaw250. Fixed at 25mw output but that should be fine as I plan on doing low level pootling around the place with this plane.
View attachment 135441
What camera is that? Have to let me know what you think, I like the little all in one jobbers for simple blasting around the yard. My favorite right now is a little banggood 200mw unit with a clover leaf, actually has pretty good penetration in the pine trees and decent range.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
What camera is that? Have to let me know what you think, I like the little all in one jobbers for simple blasting around the yard. My favorite right now is a little banggood 200mw unit with a clover leaf, actually has pretty good penetration in the pine trees and decent range.
I will, just a cheap one off of eBay. I do like that it's fitted in a metal case.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
That little 25mW did great!

I seldom fly where I don't get behind at least one or two pine trees, I always seem to struggle with 25mW...

Is the DVR on your goggles/screen?

I've found, especially when I start trying to fly close proximity on FPV, that I like a fair bit of downward tilt to my camera. I like just enough that I can still see the ground when I'm doing a decent climb... takes a little getting used to at first but really seems to help me with fixed wing fpv...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
That little 25mW did great!

I seldom fly where I don't get behind at least one or two pine trees, I always seem to struggle with 25mW...

Is the DVR on your goggles/screen?

I've found, especially when I start trying to fly close proximity on FPV, that I like a fair bit of downward tilt to my camera. I like just enough that I can still see the ground when I'm doing a decent climb... takes a little getting used to at first but really seems to help me with fixed wing fpv...
The video was recorded on my ev200d goggles. Didn't want any extra weight on the plane.