What's your favorite LiPo brand?

earthsciteach

What brand of LiPo is your "go to" battery and why?

I am pretty happy with the Turnigy Nano Tech batteries from HK. They have held up quite well for me.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Turnigy Nano tech are my favorites.
Least favorite: Blue lipo. Overpriced, puff up below c rate, puff at half their c rate. One puffed on the first charge!
This is my experience only. Dan Landis, (awesome guy by the way) did use them in his 2 meter pattern plane, but I had no luck but bad luck with them.

earthsciteach

I've had bad experiences with Blue LiPos, as well. I've had 3 arrive DOA. They replaced two, no questions. I just ate the cost on the last one and haven't ordered one since.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Turnigy Nano tech are my favorites.
Least favorite: Blue lipo. Overpriced, puff up below c rate, puff at half their c rate. One puffed on the first charge!
This is my experience only. Dan Landis, (awesome guy by the way) did use them in his 2 meter pattern plane, but I had no luck but bad luck with them.

I have to agree, the Blue Lipo in my experience has been the worst for puffing.

So far, the Nano Techs and the Gen Ace (From HobbyPartz) have been the best. (Of the budget LiPos. I don't have experience with the 3x as expensive name brands)

earthsciteach

I had a Thunder Power, once. It was a 1300 mah, 3s, prob 25 C (if that) and cost $35. I bought it at the LHS shortly after getting into the hobby. They did solder an EC3 connector on for free. It worked fine, but not worth the extra $.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
nano-tech and gensace.
Now that the nanos are avalable in US warehouse it's a no brainer for me.
nano tech edges out the gensace for me because it comes with the little yellow connector that I have on all my planes.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Turnigy, whether nano tech or regular. Great performing batteries. Also the Rhino brand that Hobbyking carries do quite well.

aiidanwings

Zippy, and YKS when they were still available. I have only recently tried the nanotech and so far I really like them.

I still have, and use, the same NiCad RX battery pack I made from Toys R Us rechargeables sometime around 1990-92. I would have to say its the best of the lot.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
Nano-techs are over C-rated IMHO. I have had the same 5 2200mah 3 cell standard turnigy batteries for about a year now and they still give me long flight times and great amp draw!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I use turnigy standard packs. I've never had a dud and they've lasted, well still use the originals i bought when i started (almost 2 years ago). I don't like zippy batteries as I've found them to degrade significantly (as in mega voltage sag) over just a couple of months.

I started a thread on connectors ages ago when i was converting from deans to xt60 for convenience. Personally i don't like either connector...

Bigenglish

Gens ace all the way, here in the UK you can't beat them for price and performance. Get them from giantshark on the web!

Bolvon72

Mentor
Nano tech, like most folks it seems. Got to get them while they're not sold out. I have had no issues with Turnigy standards as well.

tramsgar

Had several packs die on me, but never one of the nano techs. So I stick to those for now. (Had crappy "standard" packs for my coax heli, crashed it several times (brownouts) before I realized one of the cells fell through when put under load.)