When I cant fly I......

Headbang

Master member
When I am not flying, i am building, when not building, working. Last weekend I rebuilt my mpcnc and added a vacuum table. Last summer I cleared over 200 dead trees on the rainy days.

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
Maintain my families vehicles. Changed the spark plugs in my wife's Toyota. The dealership wanted to charge her $241. OEM plugs were only ~$50 and they were the easiest plugs I ever changed. $$$

Vimana89

Legendary member
When it comes to RC related stuff, I do a lot of not flying lately due to wind, so I would say building, browsing the forums, or watching vids for inspiration in designs or information about building and flying and aerodynamics. Sometimes I watch a couple of my own vids to relive a decent flight.

Vimana89

Legendary member
When I'm not flying or building, I'm thinking of flying or building. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I think I'm sick.:ROFLMAO:
Right there with you. Weather has been an aweful tease. I get like maybe 10 minutes to fly in the morning before the dumb wind picks up and lasts all day till it's dark. This is ridiculous for summer and it's getting a bit annoying because there's not much to do around here as it is. I need a day where I can spend some real time flying my planes. The more life seems to keep me from doing the things I want, the more I obsess over them.Honestly, If I could get one day to just fly the crud out of my planes it would be easier to take a break and get my mind on something else for a bit.

Last edited:

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I've been laid up a bit here too...I was going to do some slope soaring at the beach after work yesterday, but it started raining! This is Southern California, it's not SUPPOSED to rain!

slembcke

My obsession over the last few winters has been programming NES games. No time for that when there are planes to be flown though. ;)

NESStack.jpg upshot_lJgtwggU.png gameplay_intertrans.png overcrispd.png

sprzout

Mentor
I have been painting rocks again while this stuff called “precipitation” is in the sky...

Here’s a few I’ve recently painted:

D09BDB11-6E7A-4A3D-B72C-67098BC1FBE8.jpeg 99FACB47-37C6-433F-A058-677354FA418A.jpeg 8F311310-0189-45C6-B7A9-0DA2BB056214.jpeg 4B9C358A-03BF-4DD5-BEC2-2E81BF350298.jpeg F9F018A5-2A7D-404B-B375-C330A3E258B1.jpeg

Attachments

• 3686962C-C862-4721-84DB-E24ED741FE5F.jpeg
    3686962C-C862-4721-84DB-E24ED741FE5F.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
PsyBorg

Great videos man!!! Both of flight and rockin out. I grew up with that music!!! Good times....

Thanx mate. For the complements and reading the thread.

Gettin back to doin that music almost makes me wish I could grow hair again. 😂😂

sprzout

Mentor
"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"I think so Brain, but who would want to Pierce Brosnan?"

My favorite (and a favorite of Rob Paulsen's, the guy who actually voices Pinky):

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

"Well, I think so, Brain, but if they were called 'Sad Meals', nobody would buy them!"

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
If I don't have any planes to build or fly I might play some guitar or, as of recently, do some pencil sketching I used to do a lot of drawing 4-5 years ago and just recently got back into it over last winter.

The Pietenpol was the third one I did after getting back into sketching, right now I'm drawing one of my favorite cars (props to whoever knows what it is) HINT: It's a road version of a rally car.
b.jpg

a.jpg

sprzout

Mentor
The Pietenpol was the third one I did after getting back into sketching, right now I'm drawing one of my favorite cars (props to whoever knows what it is) HINT: It's a road version of a rally car.

View attachment 131383
Reminds me of a Lancia, but I'm probably wrong...It's been a while since I've seen or followed rallying; I didn't have much heart for it after Colin McRae died.

sprzout

Mentor
You're not wrong, can you guess the model?

I understand, he was a great driver.

Shoot...I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's a Stratos? I really only know the Stratos or the Integrale names, but there was the 037 that was really well known for WRC back in the day...If I remember correctly, Tamiya had a model of it 30+ years ago. LOL