When I cant fly I......

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
So... weather has been wet now for a month and a half. Havent been out much to fly and can only do so much sim time or computer gaming.

I have been spending time relearning some old music as well as reprogramming my digital processor to sound better thru tight kevlar 10 inch speakers vs farty old 12 inch paper cones.

I dropped a vid as well as added some into newer flight vids to break things up.

Figured Id drop a few in here from time to time for the few who have given good feed back.

The links are private and will get swapped to public as I learn they are allowed to be public.

If you guys do other hobbies start your own threads so we can learn more interesting things about you guys as well. Maybe we can find common rainy / winter day things to do to break up the blahs we all go thru.

Here is a flight video of my gremlin in some gusty winds. The edit is an attemot at a Veterens day tribute with a "Flight of Icarus" cover added.

Heres one i did when I got to hang out with friends and do my first chase flights. Since wecwere at a school I figured I would use Wasp's "School Days" for music.

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Two weeks to learn and program the effects processor and four takes to lay this down.

New addition this week is inspired by Ebees. He mentioned a new album coming from Sammy Hagar so I messed around with this one today.

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
For me, winter is building season. I will build 3-4 of each of my favorite planes. When I crash one, there’s another one laying on the bench ready to accept electronics.

Last edited:

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Cool. I started working with Drop D tuning a little. This makes me happy, because I will be able to get James Taylor's "Country Road" going. A song which I can sing fairly well.

Robyle3

I'm starting to dislike the winter.. age I guess LOL. Using the smaller indoor quads keeps me going!!!
Amen! Winter here in Nova Scotia sucks because by the time the worday ends ~5 o’clock, the sun is already down (not to mention the cold), and i dont have the confidence to fly at night yet.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
I'm starting to dislike the winter.. age I guess LOL. Using the smaller indoor quads keeps me going!!!

Me, I am starting to dislike age, the winter I guess.

Amen! Winter here in Nova Scotia sucks because by the time the worday ends ~5 o’clock, the sun is already down (not to mention the cold), and i dont have the confidence to fly at night yet.

Winter in the Bay Area, CA sucks as well. It dropped to 54F today and the ground was a little damp.;)

Robyle3

Winter in the Bay Area, CA sucks as well. It dropped to 54F today and the ground was a little damp.;)[/QUOTE]

We’ve had a few <32F days, and a snowstorm already, but between all the nor’easters and stereotypically poor fall/early winter weather its nothng out of the ordinary. Perfect building/designing weather :).

Robyle3

I should mention that alberta (where i have some relatives) was knee-deep in snow by late october, so i am NOT complaining XD

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
My gf has to stay downstairs with her broken ankle. All of the A/C is upstairs and I don't like to leave it :devilish:

basslord1124

Master member
Winter is my building season too. Got some other hobbies too (I play music too) and put some of my jams on my other youtube channel. Of course this season is more like RC building/tinkering and baby daughter time. Don't really have time for much else.

Robyle3

Im re-discovering my joy of video-gaming, too. A little time after work (at most like, an hour depending on the boss battle) helps to unwind because your brain literally isnt in reality for a bit. Playing a beautiful game rn called Octopath Traveller.

But all my other hobbies, ugh, i have too many. I play guitar, paint/draw, i learned a lot of foam-building tricks from paper modelling and origami, ive got books and movies to last me weeks, and ive also dabbled in carpentry and cooking. Makes me wonder how i ever found time/money for rc to begin with 😅

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Some here know, (and based on my Icon) I play Tabletop Role Playing Games (RPGs), Woodworking (when the garage is clear), and Music - Piano and Guitar. Then Disc Golf, Hiking, Camping.
The winter may allow me to tune my 3D printer and get printing event more. Rc parts and minis.

@Robyle3 - Octopath Traveller reminds me of all the game console RPGs of years past, but with perspective... neat.

Robyle3

@Robyle3[/USER said:
- Octopath Traveller reminds me of all the game console RPGs of years past, but with perspective... neat.
Haha, yeah the art was the biggest reason for buyng the game, and seeing the development of the battle system from the bravely default series. Its surprisng, but ive found all classes soo far equally capable in combat.
Another good rpg on the swith is of course BOTW, but also a beautiful gem called “I Am Setsuna”. Ive heard lots of people compere it to chrono trigger (never played that, myself). But the feel-good vibes are strong and the soundtrack (entirely piano) fits the eternal winter setting perfectly.

ebeez

For the winters I am either whooping it inside
095A4228.JPG
or maintaining this tank... another one of my hobbies LOL!

d8veh

Elite member
When I can't fly, I build. When I can't build, it's because I can't, but I'll be back in business soon I've just had the angle of incidence of my neck adjusted with a Dremmel. Maybe I'll be able to see the plane when it's above me now:
20181210_204509.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Had that same thing
When I can't fly, I build. When I can't build, it's because I can't, but I'll be back in business soon I've just had the angle of incidence of my neck adjusted with a Dremmel. Maybe I'll be able to see the plane when it's above me now:
View attachment 120062

Had same thing done to mine. Looking up is not a good thing for me. I look up too far my arms go numb and tingly. If i look up too long and the muscle spasms start and aggitate the migrains.

Kinda why Im more a quad / FPV guy.

Hopefully your recovery allows you to look up more then mine as I know you are a fixed wing guy.

Good luck with your recovery mate.