When is the next FliteTest in SoCal?

kevparang

I was wondering when will be the next flitetest meetup/ FliteFest in 2018? I hope it is in SoCal really want to go to one

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I'm hoping they talk about it soon, too...I'd love to attend, whether it's in SoCal or NorCal (my wife's family lives maybe half an hour from Vallejo, where the last one was held).

The only problem with SoCal is where they can hold it that's airspace friendly AND has an area for vendors/clubs/builds. SoCal is not exactly the most friendly to fliers.

theboatpirate

So to the east of the bay area is a lot of farmland and delta. I bet there is someone out there with a lot of land that some flying could be done.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
So to the east of the bay area is a lot of farmland and delta. I bet there is someone out there with a lot of land that some flying could be done.

I think they wanted somewhere that they could have more camping/RVs, as well as locations for vendors and builds. I know there are some nice areas out by Tracy and Mountain House, kind of south of Vallejo (my wife's family is from the Walnut Creek area), but I don't know of any immediate locations that they could get in on right now. That said, I look forward to wherever they nail it down; I would love to go!