When it rains it poors... More HK Bad Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
If it weren't for HobbyKing, I wouldn't have had a chance to get a plane. All other places are freaking expensive. (Not considering shipping: It costs roughly the same to ship parts from the States and from China. However USA prices have China-US-postage in them already, so I would end up paying the double for shipping.)

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
True their prices can't be beat but sometimes a bit more money spent is worth a "REAL" warranty and "WORLD CLASS" customer service! A companies "growing pains" should be an "INTERNAL ONLY" issue and should not involve the customer at all!
Don't get me wrong I LIKE Hobby King BUT they HAVE TO DO BETTER!
A Full Stock warehouse in the USA would eliminate many issues for USA buyers.

Thurmond

Last edited:

John Campbell

If it weren't for HobbyKing, I wouldn't have had a chance to get a plane. All other places are freaking expensive. (Not considering shipping: It costs roughly the same to ship parts from the States and from China. However USA prices have China-US-postage in them already, so I would end up paying the double for shipping.)

You are right... Guess that is why I have to keep going back.

John Campbell

True their prices can't be beat but sometimes a bit more money spent is worth a "REAL" warranty and "WORLD CLASS" customer service! A companies "growing pains" should be an "INTERNAL ONLY" issue and should not involve the customer at all!
Don't get me wrong I LIKE Hobby King BUT they HAVE TO DO BETTER!
A Full Stock warehouse in the USA would eliminate many issues for USA buyers.

Thurmond

I think they need to take Baby Steps first... The first thing they need to do is to get better customer service. After that, Everything will fall into place. HK is pretty good until you tie in their customer service policies. It is not the people, but the management. I still have not heard back from HK on the wrong parts sent, and that was Thursday! Their is no excuse that I can accept for this.

John Campbell

I keep a spread sheet just for HK. The Overview sheet here shows the Overview of all my orders linked to the detailed part. HK has no understanding that when you are a frequent customer, that you should get better support. Instead, they give crappy support to everyone... I guess they don't believe in discrimination.

Resize of OrdersToDate.jpg

PaulT

Mentor
If you want to get rid of those pesky strobes, taaaa daaaa...
Thanks to the boss, there is now a for sale section on the forum.

John Campbell

Great idea, but I think I want to push HK... Make them do it right, I am not going to turn over and play dead. I will be a thorn until they fix it... :)))

con244

Unfortunately John, they don't care, you will get the same copy-paste replies and even worst, when they know who you are they will just ignore, you taking a long time to answer any queries online until you just get sick of waiting. Been there! Done that! Still I wish you the best of luck and hope you get your issue sorted
Cheers
Con

John Campbell

Unfortunately John, they don't care, you will get the same copy-paste replies and even worst, when they know who you are they will just ignore, you taking a long time to answer any queries online until you just get sick of waiting. Been there! Done that! Still I wish you the best of luck and hope you get your issue sorted
Cheers
Con

I know, but I can be just as Hard Headed as they can be. And maybe a little more :)

A-9

How to check if the helpdesk is not a robot ask them a question:
Like this:
What's 1+2?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I finally got tire of waiting and got on Live Chat this Evening: Here is a Transcript:

You are now chatting with : Ricky (Customer Service)
Ricky: Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
You: I need an update on order #XXXXXXXXXXX. It has been processing for 14 days. All items are reserved. No other order has ever taken this long.
Ricky: One moment please while I check your Order.
You: Thank you
Ricky: My sincerest apologies, I will inform our warehouse manager to expedite processing your order.
Ricky: Thank you for your patience.
Ricky: You're welcome! Have a great day!
You: goodby

Exactly 1 hour and 1 minute later I received an e-mail from HK's Robot Checker that the order is packed for dispatch.

That is more like it!:D

Thurmond

John Campbell

I finally got tire of waiting and got on Live Chat this Evening: Here is a Transcript:

You are now chatting with : Ricky (Customer Service)
Ricky: Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
You: I need an update on order #XXXXXXXXXXX. It has been processing for 14 days. All items are reserved. No other order has ever taken this long.
Ricky: One moment please while I check your Order.
Ricky: My sincerest apologies, I will inform our warehouse manager to expedite processing your order.
Ricky: Thank you for your patience.
Ricky: You're welcome! Have a great day!
You: goodby

Exactly 1 hour and 1 minute later I received an e-mail from HK's Robot Checker that the order is packed for dispatch.

That is more like it!:D

Thurmond

Interesting chat LOG... I wonder if Ricky is real or robot, if human they may be using Macros... For one that I had that took 9 days before I contacted them I received this:

"Ricky: My sincerest apologies, I will inform our warehouse manager to expedite processing your order."

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Seriously though, they do use predefined answers sometimes.

My sincerest apologies, I will inform our warehouse manager to expedite processing your order.

My sincerest apologies, I will inform our warehouse manager to expedite processing your order."

Theory confirmed. :) I feel they do have a list of answers that they copy and paste for frequent questions. If you ask them something less usual they reply with a written answer and then they don't use Capital letters where they should.

fred0000

Just like any call center they will have a reference/go to screen so many answers will be the same. And to type the same stuff time after time. Macros just make sence.

I actualy used the live help this evening for my first time and had a very pleasant experiance.
I usualy submit my questions and get answers in a day or so but I really wanted to add more items to an order I had just placed.
No issues whatsoever. (even requested some sticker sheets :))

(also. For you that get ignored cause they remember you. Well they dont have to remember you. Everytime you request assistance your info pops up and shows your inquiry history. If you are being ignored you probably deserve it. Just my $0.02)

Last edited:

JohnnyV

Wow Fred.... Sounds like you drank the Koolaid.... If they're treating you bad and ignoring you, it must be your fault?

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
With over 100 orders or so you can use the bug the boss feature, generally works a lot better:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.