When it rains it poors... More HK Bad Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred0000

Wow Fred.... Sounds like you drank the Koolaid.... If they're treating you bad and ignoring you, it must be your fault?

i'm just stating facts, all call centers and help centers operate that way, if you treat them poorly or get angry with them time after time, why would they want to be the one that pulls your number.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
(also. For you that get ignored cause they remember you. Well they dont have to remember you. Everytime you request assistance your info pops up and shows your inquiry history. If you are being ignored you probably deserve it. Just my $0.02)

Wow Fred.... Sounds like you drank the Koolaid.... If they're treating you bad and ignoring you, it must be your fault?

If you get angry at the chat operator, and are rude to them, then of course they're going to write a note, so that all other operators know you were a jerk about it.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I received my shipment tracking # this morning so I am feeling better at this point.

Thurmond

I placed an order on 2/13 and it was just delivered to my door a few seconds ago.

I checked off the 22 items I ordered and seems they tossed in an extra prop-saver as I only ordered one and got two.

Lucky me I guess; I'm 5 for 5 now on the orders I've placed.

John Campbell

To Continue the SAGA, after sending them everything they asked for and still not heard back, I went back into CHAT.

The LOG:

You are now chatting with : Ricky (Customer Service)
Ricky: Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
You: Referencing order number 0000000000, in concerns to parts TRStrob-II and TRStrob-I I order 2 of the II's and 1 of the I's. The boxes were correct, but the II's had the I's part in the box. The were mis boxed. I know this sounds complicated. I contacted HK last week and was told to send an email to the Hobbyking Support and have not heard anything... Getting real tired of this waiting. I am a very frequent customer and feel that my business does not mean anything. This is the 3rd order that I have had issues with since December. I need to get resolution on this today.
You: In December, I ordered 2 planes and they charged me extra shipping, but did not tell me that I had to do that until I called to check on them 9 days later, and then they charged me an extra $30 some bucks for shipping. They then said they would give me a free item that turned out to be Turnigy Stickers... Advertising for HK... No Freebie there... A take that as a total insult. Next they left a part out of an order, gave me credit, Still waiting to order them because they are Back Ordered. And now they send the correct boxed part but wrong parts in 2 of them, and I have been waiting to hear from HK for 4 or 5 days now.

Ricky: One moment please.
You: ok
Ricky: I apologize for the inconvenience.
You: What kind of solution are we going to have tonight?
Ricky: We currently have a backlog of e-mails, and are doing our best to reply to our customer's e-mails.
Ricky: Please expect a reply from one of our customer support staffs as soon as they have shown the pictures to the Warehouse manager.
Ricky: Rest assured that this will be resolved soon.
You: ???? How Much Longer will that be... With all the bad luck that I have had lately, I am getting real short on patience! I have been a customer for almost 2 years, and you can look at my sales history and see 42 orders. Does that not mean something with Returning customer, or am I being taken for Granite?
You: Do you have the pictures that I sent in?
Ricky: Yes
Ricky: We will do our best to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.
Ricky: Thank you so much for your patience.
You: Well, Patience is getting thin... I must say. HK is going to have to restore my faith soon before it is all gone. I have always enjoyed shopping HK...

--------

Following that, They told me that I should hear something by the end of the day (There's I assume), Shortly after that I of course got disconnected and was unable to safe the rest of the LOG. They have the pictures and awaiting for the Warehouse manager to make a decision after he views the pictures that I sent... What decision I do not know.

Last edited:

John Campbell

I do not know which moderator to say thank you to... But there was an inappropriate post in this forum, and I was about to reply to it, but got deleted first. I would like to thank the Moderator that deleted that post.

fred0000

I do not know which moderator to say thank you to... But there was an inappropriate post in this forum, and I was about to reply to it, but got deleted first. I would like to thank the Moderator that deleted that post.

I removed the post myself. I got a bit carried away and worked up about it. The reason I removed it is cause after I posted I remembered reading that you have dealt with 5 bad HK experiances since December. I have been fortunate enough to not have any bad experiances. And since I couldn't get my post down before you saw it. I just want to say that I'm sorry.

John Campbell

I removed the post myself. I got a bit carried away and worked up about it. The reason I removed it is cause after I posted I remembered reading that you have dealt with 5 bad HK experiances since December. I have been fortunate enough to not have any bad experiances. And since I couldn't get my post down before you saw it. I just want to say that I'm sorry.

At this point it is not the Money. I have 42 orders with them, and on have had problems out of the last 8... All since December. It is not about money at this point, but more about principal. I don't care about the money, but I am going to push it to the limits because pf the way that I have been treated.

The Best Advertising a company can buy is word of mouth.... Well, I am advertising my experience with them. Works both ways. I hope you continue to have good experiences with them, as I hope to again soon.

BTW, I have not heard back from HK yet on the wrong packaged parts... Maybe it is not the end of their day yet, but I intend to contact them again today if I do not get positive results.

earthsciteach

These online vendors need to demand better quality control from their manufacturer's. HK should have strong pull in this, as they move a tremendous volume. Additionally, the services they hire as "customer support" seem to have no real connect to the vendors. I am just guessing here, but I would bet that one of the way these "customer support" companies market themselves is to guarantee a certain level of problem resolutions that do not cost the vendors anything. One way to do this is to simply ignore customer problems.

Last edited:

Fishbonez

I may be opening up a can of worms here but here goes...I am not choosing a side here and merly playing devils advocte for discussion purpose only but have we considered rhe possibility that China, a communist govt entering into its own industrial revoulution, may not be interested in great customer service but only the sale keeping their employees employed to keep the govt from interveening in its business. I am not a business savey person but just was thinking and that buy itself can be scary :black_eyed: Personally I have only 3 orders from HK thought they took forever they did come in with little to know problems

fred0000

At this point it is not the Money. I have 42 orders with them, and on have had problems out of the last 8... All since December. It is not about money at this point, but more about principal. I don't care about the money, but I am going to push it to the limits because pf the way that I have been treated.

The Best Advertising a company can buy is word of mouth.... Well, I am advertising my experience with them. Works both ways. I hope you continue to have good experiences with them, as I hope to again soon.

BTW, I have not heard back from HK yet on the wrong packaged parts... Maybe it is not the end of their day yet, but I intend to contact them again today if I do not get positive results.

I fully understand where you're comming from, 5-8 bad cases in a 3 month span is far to much, I really hope that you get your situation sorted and go back to having good luck with HK.
again, my apologies for they way I acted yesterday. please keep us up to date as you have been doing, good luck my friend.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
have we considered rhe possibility that China, a communist govt entering into its own industrial revoulution, may not be interested in great customer service but only the sale keeping their employees employed to keep the govt from interveening in its business.

The company is owned by an Australian, who happens to buy his supplies from Chinese manufacturers. HK isn't the owner of the factories, they're not the employer of the individual assemblers, they're just a distribution facility. So I don't think its a Chinese government thing at all.

It's more a numbers game. Think how many people around the world buy products from HK. They can have poor customer service, absolutely piss off hundreds of customers, and still have thousands waiting in line to give HK their money.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
It's more a numbers game. Think how many people around the world buy products from HK. They can have poor customer service, absolutely piss off hundreds of customers, and still have thousands waiting in line to give HK their money.

You've hit it on the head. HobbyKing is most likely still suffering from growing pains.
They have not taken the opportunity to build a robust customer service organization.
They haven't really taken the time to build a robust organization at all. Stocking problems and quality control problems seems out of their grasp to handle. The corporate culture for HobbyKing's customer service department appears often to challenge the customer. Then promise communication that is slow to come (if ever).
The customer support staff are not enabled or encouraged to resolve problems. Packaging disputes really shouldn't need a manger to respond to resolve the problem, should they?

Manfet

Well I think its like jetpackninja described. But to get some numbers I looked up my last 2 orders.
On the 5th of Februar I got the order number: 20039374xx. On the 17th I got 20040060xx.
And it does look like they give every new order the next number in line. That concludes that they get 5712 orders a day. This was in the Chinese New Year were the senior customers are not buying because they know it won't get shipped anyway. But you have to pull down the number a little bit cause some orders are not getting to paid status. I would really like to see that place where they ship those orders (even if you have to pull that number down a good bit because of the warehouses all over the world).

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Well I think its like jetpackninja described. But to get some numbers I looked up my last 2 orders.
On the 5th of Februar I got the order number: 20039374xx. On the 17th I got 20040060xx.
And it does look like they give every new order the next number in line. That concludes that they get 5712 orders a day. This was in the Chinese New Year were the senior customers are not buying because they know it won't get shipped anyway. But you have to pull down the number a little bit cause some orders are not getting to paid status. I would really like to see that place where they ship those orders (even if you have to pull that number down a good bit because of the warehouses all over the world).

Thanks for the info, but you probably shouldn't post your order numbers here. Not sure, though, but better be on the safe side!

Last edited:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
HobbyKing used to have this feature that would allow you to check the warehouse backlog.
It was interesting to watch this last year during the Christmas rush and the Chinese New Year.
It literally takes weeks to catch up with the number of orders that still go in during the holiday.
Sadly this feature doesn't seem to work anymore...
hkwidget.JPG

Fishbonez

The company is owned by an Australian, who happens to buy his supplies from Chinese manufacturers. HK isn't the owner of the factories, they're not the employer of the individual assemblers, they're just a distribution facility. So I don't think its a Chinese government thing at all.

Very good point. I also did not know the owner was from Austrailia (did I spell that right)

John Campbell

I fully understand where you're comming from, 5-8 bad cases in a 3 month span is far to much, I really hope that you get your situation sorted and go back to having good luck with HK.
again, my apologies for they way I acted yesterday. please keep us up to date as you have been doing, good luck my friend.

Apology accepted. I glad it did not go any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.