When working on plane remove prop!

randyrls

Randy
Remember reading that safety bit? Well today I started working on a plane to see why the one wing servo "dithered". I removed the prop and found out the servo connector on the receiver was a bit loose. As I swung the wing around, the wing hit the throttle lever on the transmitter! instant full throttle! I grabbed transmitter and hit the throttle cut. No problem or damage other than my nerves. Yea; I should have had the throttle cut already on, but the missing prop means I don't have red stuff on the prop or visiting the ER.

Bricks

Master member
To bad you missed out on applying some red graphics to your plane, can never stress enough about removing props especially working on quads.

Bo123

Elite member
The second psychological principle on this list is called "working on a plane." What this means is that, in any situation, we should always remove all distractions. If we’re working on our laptop, we should turn off the lights and get away from the windows. If we’re in a meeting, we should remove all electronic devices. Working on a plane means we’re always present and aware of the situation we’re in, no matter what’s going on around us.
Good point, however I see a link in your message reported.

RossFPV

Remember reading that safety bit? Well today I started working on a plane to see why the one wing servo "dithered". I removed the prop and found out the servo connector on the receiver was a bit loose. As I swung the wing around, the wing hit the throttle lever on the transmitter! instant full throttle! I grabbed transmitter and hit the throttle cut. No problem or damage other than my nerves. Yea; I should have had the throttle cut already on, but the missing prop means I don't have red stuff on the prop or visiting the ER.
Im not sure if other people do this but i have a switch on my radio that wont turn on the motor even if you go full throttle but there is still always a chance to forget the switch so always remove props. I also think the prop can just get in the way when working on a plane.

Piotrsko

Master member
I had 3ft of wainscotting I had to replace because I was sure the system wasn't armed. Nice, even prop strikes every three inches mostly through a piece of white pine. Didn't know these props were that tough.