Where is the ROSS FOAM BOARD??

Winglet

Oh no!! Can't find Ross Foam Board at Wal-Mart or anyplace anymore! This is by far my favorite build material for FT airplanes. Does anyone know of another source? Perhaps it has been renamed? I have about a dozen sheets left. Will be very upset it that is the end of it.

offaxis

Read the end of my article:http://www.flitetest.com/articles/ross-foam-board

This product is not the same as Elmers board. Don't believe me?

So Elmer's is a large arts and crafts company that has positioned themselves as a premium brand. They bought out EnCore Products who now makes Elmer's brand foam boards for the signage industry. Walmart probably approached Elmer's and said we need a cheap foam board to compete with DTFB. Becuase Elmer's did not want to sacrifice their Brand by putting out a <$1/sheet foam board, they created ROSS foam board. Elmer's, EnCore and ROSS brands all share the same address and phone numbers. ROSS does not have a website because it is only a brand for Walmart stores.

crashman

ross foam board price increase

I have purchased the ross foam board from walmart in the past for .88cents per sheet. It now goes for $3.10 per sheet! what happened???

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
I have purchased the ross foam board from walmart in the past for .88cents per sheet. It now goes for $3.10 per sheet! what happened???

I noticed it's that price on the web site. Was it $3.10 in the store as well?

JDill

Walmarts that I have bought it from in the past no longer carry it. Seems to be discontinued. It was my favorite and I'm bummed about it. At least the Adams board has been improved somewhat now.

Crazy Goats

Adams is a little weak IMHO. I was lucky enough to have access to Ross FB for a bit and I loved it! But now I can't find it either so that's a bummer.

Gazoo

I just went my local Walmart looking for some Ross board. There were about 30 crumpled sheets in stock on the shelf. They don't treat that stuff very nice.

So, I asked for a manager and waited around for about 15 minutes. I asked about ordering a box of nice, crisp Ross board. He said that he had some still in the box so I bought the whole box of 25 for .88 cents a sheet.

Did you ask for a manager? Might help. He was glad to get me the box. Maybe I got the last of "the good stuff".

I'm headed back tomorrow to buy another box after seeing this post!

Jaxx

I found some at my local Walmart for 88 cents a sheet today. Keep in mind, the price on the web site and the price in the store don't always match.

Gazoo

I stopped by and spoke with one of the employees. I asked if he could put another box on order and it was no problem. I just need to go back and ask for it in two weeks as he could not put my name on it but would be happy to get the full box on request. Still 88 cents! (and not smushed)

Jaxx

Here is the Walmart #: 553625519 for Ross Foam Board. Go to the link below, click on the "UPC" button, paste the number into the input box, enter your Zip Code, then select "Search Inventory". It will tell you if any of the Walmart stores in your area have them in stock, and at what price. In my Zip Code, it shows at least 5 store that have them in stock, and they are are still selling for 88 cents. Keep in mind, there is no guarantee the inventory numbers on this site are accurate, so I would advise you to call ahead to verify. Good luck.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
If you have a "just a buck" dollar store near you they sell it there for $1 if Walmart decides to not have it anymore.

Winglet

I used Jaxx's method for locating Ross foam board. Shows 84 sheets in stock at a Wal-mart store not far away. When I leave there tomorrow there will be zero.

Thanks Jaxx!!!!

Winglet

Just a not. The sku number evidently changed. I had to search it out by name. Ross foam board. That worked just fine.

Jaxx

I used Jaxx's method for locating Ross foam board. Shows 84 sheets in stock at a Wal-mart store not far away. When I leave there tomorrow there will be zero.

Thanks Jaxx!!!!

You're welcome!! Don't forget to click on the "UPC" button before you enter the number.

Be sure to call the store to verify they have it in stock, before you make the trip. Sometimes the stock numbers on the site are incorrect.

Last edited:

grnd flyr

Jaxx, just wanted to add thanks to your brickseek method for finding the ross foam board. Called first after finding it at a local Walmart, was able to pick up 10 nice and easy. kudos! :)

IsmaelPR77

I went to my local Walmart, talked to the Manager for Office Supplies Dept. and I asked that person if they would order two cases of the Ross Foam Board for me, which they did. it was very nice of them. I now have 3 full cases.