Where to find drone pilot?

RichFly

Hello,

In regard to this forum, where do I post to hire drone pilot w/drone for HD quality filming?

FYI: I am in Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Thanks!
RichFly

mesolost

I'd recommend looking for flying clubs local to you and ask them if anyone has an HD FPV with video record. To skirt the law, if payment is involved, you'll have to pay for the video and not the actual flight. ^_^

BigAl07

I'd recommend looking for flying clubs local to you and ask them if anyone has an HD FPV with video record. To skirt the law, if payment is involved, you'll have to pay for the video and not the actual flight. ^_^

Unfortunately the FAA has already put the halt to that. They way they have the current "regulations" (I say regulations with tongue in cheek but that's a whole other topic) worded they allow no "profit" in any fashion even if it's perceived profit (as in promoting a business etc). Even the use of photo/video taken but UAV can not lead to furthering a business. Even those who give the media for free and try to charge for "Editing/processing" are technically busting the legality barriers.

I say this as an AP pilot myself not to try and keep someone from doing it as well but if you're going to do it you need to know that no portion of the production or product can bring commerce or benefit for any party involved.

Hopefully the current NPRM will go into effect sooner than later and we can use our current investment to see an ROI.

For what it's worth you can usually find ads in your local area with A/P pilots in Craigslist.