Where to get coloured packing tape in Canada?

Biff45452

Does anybody know of a store in Canada that sells coloured packing tape at a reasonable price? I've looked around online and most places have outrageous shipping prices.

BankNYank!

Mentor
I'm guessing your wanting to use colored packing tape for orientation or just to add color to your builds? I'm not sure what the shipping charges are for you from Hobby King but that's where I've bought mine. Here's a link. It's thin though so I wouldn't recommend using it for taping together a build if that's the kind of tape your looking for but being thin it works great for covering foam board.

Biff45452

I'm guessing your wanting to use colored packing tape for orientation or just to add color to your builds? I'm not sure what the shipping charges are for you from Hobby King but that's where I've bought mine. Here's a link. It's thin though so I wouldn't recommend using it for taping together a build if that's the kind of tape your looking for but being thin it works great for covering foam board.

Cheapest shipping from China was $15 which is alright, I might try this. Cheapest from US was $30.

Zero9r

I saw some at Staples when I was looking for myself. they only have a few colours to choose from. But I I did was use normal clear and some sharpy markers. Worked great.

T-Richard

http://www.fastpack.net/
their canadian rates are decent, I ordered 15 rolls came out to less than 5$/roll
couldn't find any at xs cargo

another trick I use is to paint ELMERS foam with dollor store acrylic water based paint and then laminate with clear tape, only do this for armin wing or folding fuselage as it warps the board. Does add infinite possibilities for color/pattern. Elmers is heavier but I usually remove the paper on the inside to save weight.

and lastly the dollorama chains have self adhesive hologram colored covering which is super light and very flashy, a pain to not gget wrinkle in but a good option also

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Yeah I tend to leave my planes white with colour accents now days.

My Spitfire was a little flashy but didn't last long ;)

attachment.php

Biff45452

http://www.fastpack.net/
their canadian rates are decent, I ordered 15 rolls came out to less than 5$/roll
couldn't find any at xs cargo

another trick I use is to paint ELMERS foam with dollor store acrylic water based paint and then laminate with clear tape, only do this for armin wing or folding fuselage as it warps the board. Does add infinite possibilities for color/pattern. Elmers is heavier but I usually remove the paper on the inside to save weight.

and lastly the dollorama chains have self adhesive hologram colored covering which is super light and very flashy, a pain to not gget wrinkle in but a good option also

Are you sure that is the correct site? I tried adding checking out and it said they don't ship to Canada. I've heard of http://www.fast-pack.com but their shipping price to Canada starts at $30!

Biff45452

I saw some at Staples when I was looking for myself. they only have a few colours to choose from. But I I did was use normal clear and some sharpy markers. Worked great.

Looked at staples today, tiny roll of neon green was the only choice.

BuckE67

20140812_205252-1.jpg

I have good results with shelf film. Paint sticks well to the film too. Sometimes Sharpie markers on packing tape rub off easily. Sharpie markers work good on the shelf film though. I have even decorated the foamboard before applying the shelf film. There is a good article on covering with this material by Sailor John.

YallbinZAPPED!

Rotblott's Discount Warehouse - 443 Adelaide St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1S9

443 Adelaide St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1S9

Roblott's sells them for 4$ a roll.

They have the biggest assortment of tapes I've ever seen. They cater to the film and television industry in Toronto so they've got every imaginable type of tape.

taswas

What I do is add them to my Hobby king orders as box fillers as I rarely reach the max postal weight. I got all the colours I wanted after a few orders.

It worked out well for me but this was UK postage. Maybe it will not work for your location

Garry