Where to get Foam Board in Brisbane, Australia

FlyerMorph

Hey guys I have searched all over for foam board in Brisbane from hardware stores to art shops to reject shops. I was wondering if anyone in the Brisbane area knows where to get foam board and if so could guide me to your foamy sources!
Thank you!

brizrobbo

Oh, I so wish we had DTFB in Brizvegas....but alas, it is a suffering we must endure ;).

Anyway, to answer your question: I have bought foamboard from the Riot art store at the Chermside westfield. I think it is a bit heavier than DTFB, but as I have never seen DTFB I can't truly say. Last time I bought some, it cost me $11 for an A1 size sheet. They do have different colours, which might be handy.

A few guys at my club buy depron (usually from the 2 local hobby shops). But that is expensive also.

Hope that helps.

Hi FlyerMorph. I ordered foamboard from http://www.foamboards.com.au/ their service is great and if you order a box of the standard 32x40 inch boards it works out to $7.13 per sheet. that is including the price for postage.

To the complaints people have for our heavier foamboard in AU well I only can say better quality so your model will last longer. It is heavier but this makes the plane track better through the air. Check out http://red20rc.org/ this guy used the stuff from foamboards.com.au and he does a great job

Last edited:
PS: Foamboards.com.au is run out of QLD so delivery is quicker. Another thing I can add is the box I ordered was specified on the web as a box of 25 sheets when it arrived it was a box of 30 sheets. Great little bonus.

SKT

PS: Foamboards.com.au is run out of QLD so delivery is quicker. Another thing I can add is the box I ordered was specified on the web as a box of 25 sheets when it arrived it was a box of 30 sheets. Great little bonus.

Actually foamboards.com.au is in Mt Gravatt so you can take a drive and get it from the shop. Actually they are a picture framing mob. Which lead me to basically start buying FB from any picture framer I could find. I have a local guy near me in Everton Park called Keynote Framng and he's really doing it at cost price. So find a local frame, compliment his store and see how you go.

That is also a great Idea if the frame shop can give it to you for that price. My local guy wanted to charge me $25 a sheet. So I searched and searched even gave up, then I found the post from RED20 about AU foamboards and I am one happy customer now. $25 compared to $7.13 per sheet, I think he wanted to rip me off.

rcfoamfly

Depron on Sunshine Coast

Hey guys I have searched all over for foam board in Brisbane from hardware stores to art shops to reject shops. I was wondering if anyone in the Brisbane area knows where to get foam board and if so could guide me to your foamy sources!
Thank you!
We have been selling Depron for ages on the Sunshine Coast. www.rcfoamfly.com. $22 a sheet. Foamboard with the paper coating tends to bubble and warp when damp. That's why we stick with Depron. I also work in Shailer Park and can deliver on Mondays and Thursdays. Cheers Alex

rcfoamfly

Foamboard verses Depron - Depron any day

Get Foamboard damp and it bubbles and warps. Depron is more expensive but lighter, easier to cut and more durable. Have a look at www.rcfoamfly.com. we are on the sunny coast. Alex