Where to start?

OGnapkin

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Okay, update.
I got up in what was to me the wee hours of the morning and went out and maidened the Bixler 3, I managed to fly it three times without totally destroying it so I guess I am an RC pilot now!
When I got it put together and pre-flighted this morning the rudder servo had crapped itself. I decided to give it a try anyway as it was not hard over but simply had no real authority to the left.
Due to the lack of good rudder the takeoffs were sketchy but once in the air she handled fine and I had two fair landings, I then pushed my luck with a third flight and kind of lost the bubble for a moment and cartwheeled it. Just enough damage to end the day.
I've replaced the rudder servo and patched everything else up so I'm ready to go again!

Video or it didn't happen! :p

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Video or it didn't happen! :p
Well, that was one of my screw ups. I have bought a Go Pro for recording flights and later to mount on planes but I had it set to the wrong mode and didn't get any usable video. Just as well, I was embarrassingly out of control most of the time. I'm kind of amazed that I got it on the ground undamaged twice.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
The first time I used a GoPro, I took 24, high resolution photos, up my nose and missed the whole flight.

If you put the GoPro on the flyer, tape the little micro SD card in place with a bit of masking tape. Those little cards are hard to find in the grass.

I find that if I am having trouble keeping control, I likely need lower rates or have a balance issue.

Congratulations on the flight. :)

I like what you did with your TT. I don't think I have seen that solution yet. Pretty cool.