Which antenna and camera

diogofcr

Hello, my brother bought this kit in 2015 for his quadcopter: https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcop...BzD4Mzgtfod-sUEuonq1MPfMA7lxYeGoNbi9aGV6hkos0
He lost his quadcopter due to wind but the Screen is still here, only missing the antena (idk why). The screen has an internal 8ch receiver I believe.

I recently built a RC Plane and I wanted to add FPV to it. My question is can I use this screen? Which antenna would I have to buy for it?
Also which camera + transmitter to fit the 8ch receiver? Are the AIO cameras from banggood any good? Would they work on this screen/receiver?

For example this camera. It says it is 48CH but the receiver is only 8CH how would it work? https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-TX...2.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=44069&rmmds=search

Photos from the screen:
IMG_20210223_230300821.jpg 150493464_179923700203447_8608825264064383381_n.jpg IMG_20210223_230307959.jpg IMG_20210223_230400795.jpg IMG_20210223_230246597.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yes you can use that still. Its not the best receiver in the world but for short distance should be OK. It works on 5.8ghz "A" band so any vtx that will transmit on "A" band or use any of these specific frequencies will work. This is a picture direct from the web site that sold them.

Any Circular polarized antenna with the correct matching connector to fit the monitor will work. Keep in mind there are right hand and left hand rotation antennas so the one you buy MUST match the one you put on your VTX.

201507151003425299.jpg

diogofcr

Yes you can use that still. Its not the best receiver in the world but for short distance should be OK. It works on 5.8ghz "A" band so any vtx that will transmit on "A" band or use any of these specific frequencies will work. This is a picture direct from the web site that sold them.

Any Circular polarized antenna with the correct matching connector to fit the monitor will work. Keep in mind there are right hand and left hand rotation antennas so the one you buy MUST match the one you put on your VTX.

View attachment 193507
Thank you so much for your reply!
About the Camera/Transmitter I saw there are NTSC and PAL cameras, is there any way to know which one I need? I don't wanna buy the wrong one and be incompatible.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Usually its more to match the electricity power in various countries. NTSC is used more where 60hz power is and PAL is where 50hz gets used. For us it doesn't matter specially these days as most vtx / cameras / goggles will use and auto detect both. There are minor resolution differences that may effect older gear but not so much new stuffs.

Last edited:

diogofcr

Usually its more to match the electricity power in various countries. NTSC is used more where 60hz power is and PAL is where 50hz gets used. For us it doesn't matter specially these days as most vtx / cameras / goggles will use and auto detect both. There are minor resolution differences that may effect older gear but not so much new stuffs.
Nice, thank you so much for your help!