Which Biplane?

RustySocket

The collet adapter is for an In-runner style motor set up, best for pusher prop style planes. You want to use the out runner side with the bolt on adapter that attaches to the bell of the motor, it promotes better cooling of the motor and is a more direct solid connection.

Plane looks good BTW. There are a few tricks you could do to make the upper wing more solid to the airframe as well. As it is, it seems kinda flimsy right?

Yes, its flimsy. I plan on doing some reinforcement similar to what you posted earlier when I do the final assembly. No way it would survive a cartwheel.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
What size batteries are most using in the Baby Blender.
I used a 2200mah 3s in mine and got about 8 min flight times. Thing is with the Baby Blender is it creates a ton of drag given the second wing and the shape of the nose. A 1300mah will be a significant amount of less time, plus the 1300 will need to be placed almost under the motor to get it to balance

RustySocket

I used a 2200mah 3s in mine and got about 8 min flight times. Thing is with the Baby Blender is it creates a ton of drag given the second wing and the shape of the nose. A 1300mah will be a significant amount of less time, plus the 1300 will need to be placed almost under the motor to get it to balance

Perfect. I've got a few 2200mah packs already. So that makes that an easy decision.

RustySocket

@BATTLEAXE I'm studying your picture in post #24 with respect to the struts you added. Is you wing no longer removable? I don't see the dowles or rubberbands holding the wing on.

I'm assuming that the inner struts are mounted in the spar of the upper wing?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
@BATTLEAXE I'm studying your picture in post #24 with respect to the struts you added. Is you wing no longer removable? I don't see the dowles or rubberbands holding the wing on.

I'm assuming that the inner struts are mounted in the spar of the upper wing?
Yea the wing isn't removable. Was that an option on the stock build? And yea I did aim for the spar.

RustySocket

Yeah, on the stock build it uses a skewer through the fuselage just ahead of the LE and behind the TE and the wing assembly is held on with rubberbands, along with the gear. I'm not so worried about being able to remove the assembly so I may permanently attach mine as well.

It is getting closer, just waiting on electronics right now and figuring out my finishing details.

Doing a little research on how to prep the FB with minwax, prepping for some basic pain scheme, and then the little details like struts, a pilot and what not. It's been a fun project and I've learned quite a bit about foam board. It's got a few defects here and there. My first bevels sucked and a few wrinkles in the board. But overall I'm happy with it.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Yeah, on the stock build it uses a skewer through the fuselage just ahead of the LE and behind the TE and the wing assembly is held on with rubberbands, along with the gear. I'm not so worried about being able to remove the assembly so I may permanently attach mine as well.

It is getting closer, just waiting on electronics right now and figuring out my finishing details.

Doing a little research on how to prep the FB with minwax, prepping for some basic pain scheme, and then the little details like struts, a pilot and what not. It's been a fun project and I've learned quite a bit about foam board. It's got a few defects here and there. My first bevels sucked and a few wrinkles in the board. But overall I'm happy with it.
Did you come across my tutorial vid on minwaxing the plane?

RustySocket

Did you come across my tutorial vid on minwaxing the plane?

You know, I honestly don't know. I've come across so many different things and know at some point I've read a bit about minwax. Sometimes I bookmark things that I think may be useful in the future but I can't seem to find it right now. I'd certainly welcome a direct link in the right direction and that's one of the things coming up on my build .

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
You know, I honestly don't know. I've come across so many different things and know at some point I've read a bit about minwax. Sometimes I bookmark things that I think may be useful in the future but I can't seem to find it right now. I'd certainly welcome a direct link in the right direction and that's one of the things coming up on my build .

Here is a link, there are also other tutorials on ironing edges etc. in the Quick tips section. Plus lots of flight vids for your entertainment. Check it out, subscribe if you like the content

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
I know I had a lot of fun with my BB and if built right it will last awhile. The big thing I would say is that with the FB struts and cabanas that hold the top wing on aren't very solid, first hit to the ground and the top wing will either be wobbly or rip off completely. I built my struts with BBQ skewers, I have cartwheeled this a couple times and never had to fix or re-glue the wing at all View attachment 154317
I used the stock foam struts and just used BBQ skewers like the video shows, and I've beat the crap out of mine, and all is still good! Though I do like the way yours looks!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I used the stock foam struts and just used BBQ skewers like the video shows, and I've beat the crap out of mine, and all is still good! Though I do like the way yours looks!
Thanks, I was still, and in some ways still am, in the infancy of my piloting skills, so making it as strong as possible was the plan. And I will say when I started flying it after the build I would have ripped the top wing off in the first couple flights if not the first.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Nice. Thanks for sharing. I'm watching it now, I had not seen that before, but I know I heard of the minwax thing. What does ironing edges accomplish?
Ironing the edges makes the edges more aerodynamic by rounding them off, the heat from the iron melts the foam under the paper to a plastic so it strengthens the edge, plus it seals the paper to the edge so it is less likely to delaminate. No need for glue to seal the edge, no need for skewers in the Vstab or elevator to unify the throw of the two halves of the elevator. You can aesthetically enhance the look of the plane by rounding corners in the fuse. So many benefits, it's all explained in the vids.