Which build for this motor.. (Turnigy D2826 2200KV)

basslord1124

Master member
So I have this Turnigy D2826 2200KV motor from when I had/crashed my Long EZ. I sorta realized I should've went with a lighter (maybe even a drone size) 2200KV motor for the Long EZ build. The motor I have is pretty hefty at 50g. So with that in mind, those who know the power packs and FT plane requirements well, what FT model comes to mind that would work well for this motor? I almost think I should be looking at something that's a step bigger than the mini size FT planes. Thoughts?

evranch

I use the D2826 1400kV all the time for anything that requires a B/C pack. I usually use an 8x4 prop though I've been meaning to try an 8x6 that is still in my truck glovebox... I should go get that.

You obviously will have to spin a smaller prop than I am due to the higher kV, but you should have no problem flying any of the "regular size" models with that motor.

Edit: HK recommends 7x4(2S) ~ 5x5 (3S)

evranch

OK, so HK seems to undersize their recommended prop. For the 1400kV version, they recommend a 7x4. But it's a 205W motor with a max amperage of 21A.

Loaded down with the significantly more demanding 8x6, it only draws 18A for a total of 200W. Admittedly I used a battery with storage charge, so a full battery might push it over the edge. Remember, though, that most of us only apply full throttle in bursts, and overcurrent doesn't pop a motor like it does an ESC.

In any case the 2200kV version is rated significantly higher, 342W/34A. You can easily fly a C pack plane. Your Long EZ must have been a rocket if you had the correct prop on this thing!

whackflyer

Master member
So I have this Turnigy D2826 2200KV motor from when I had/crashed my Long EZ. I sorta realized I should've went with a lighter (maybe even a drone size) 2200KV motor for the Long EZ build. The motor I have is pretty hefty at 50g. So with that in mind, those who know the power packs and FT plane requirements well, what FT model comes to mind that would work well for this motor? I almost think I should be looking at something that's a step bigger than the mini size FT planes. Thoughts?
Ft22 would fit the bill I think. Might also work on a slightly scaled up goblin...

jpot1

Elite member
I use that motor on all my jet style pushers. FT 22, couple of my own designs - see my signature links and also a @DamoRC design that looks like a HK plane.

Attachments

• 2525C4CD-01B6-4306-B623-B3DCC5A27080.jpeg
    2525C4CD-01B6-4306-B623-B3DCC5A27080.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0