Which edf jet would you like to be designed?

Which jet would you like to be designed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flitedesign 3d

Elite member
Hey everyone

As many of you know I did design the F-14 Tomcat and have started the plans but as long as there is no foam board distribution in the Europe I can't start prototyping. If you haven't seen it you can see pictures of the 3d model in my media.

Since the f-14 is more of a personal project which I want to build myself, I decided that I could host a new project with this community. The idea is that I would design a new foam board fighter jet and make the plans for it and some volunteers of this community can build the prototypes since I'm not able to do it. Needles to say the design will be easier and simpler than my f-14. The jet will be either a single or a twin edf model using probably 60-70 mm units. What do you guys think? Is anyone interested to collaborate? Since this project is more about the community I want to know which model you want to see. There are some suggestions in the poll below, go vote something. Of course you can also suggest other models also but they might be more unlikely to happen. I might not make the conclusion only looking at the poll but it will give me an idea what this community wants.

Let me know what do you think and if you are interested in this project.

Have a good day!

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
Was going to suggest something different but realized I haven't seen many takes on the SU-27.
Steve Shumate (Jetset44 on other forums) has a design that can be pretty easily converted to SU-27 and setup for EDFs. It builds a bit different than traditional FT style but flies great. He's got a lot of other models as well. I'd love to see FT style master series plans for all of these too, but there are some older parkjet designs available.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Of course the English Electric Lightning
english-electric-lightning-f6-download_9_ss_l_120531100045.jpg
english-electric-lightning-f6-download_28_ss_m_120531100537.jpg

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
My preference is a little unusual. Being a WWII fanatic I hope to build a HS132 dive bomber one day, (Full House - with retracts, flaps etc).

Flitedesign 3d

Elite member
Steve Shumate (Jetset44 on other forums) has a design that can be pretty easily converted to SU-27 and setup for EDFs. It builds a bit different than traditional FT style but flies great. He's got a lot of other models as well. I'd love to see FT style master series plans for all of these too, but there are some older parkjet designs available.
The style I will use is both folding and molding. It is more difficult to make precise plans for molded parts without actually making and fitting.

Boberticus

the Saab Draken, the jet the Swedes used to embarrass Soviet pilots with the Cobra maneuver.
saabdraken.jpg

anytime you see the words Pugachev's Cobra, be reminded that its actually the Swedish Kort Parad, they were performing it a decade earlier in mock dogfights against the soviets, and that USSR pilots were simple braggarts that couldn't keep secret maneuvers secret.

leaded50

Legendary member
My preference is a little unusual. Being a WWII fanatic I hope to build a HS132 dive bomber one day, (Full House - with retracts, flaps etc).
Thats realy a weird bird.... :LOL:

Attachments

• aviation-art-military-aircraft.jpg
    aviation-art-military-aircraft.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
  • henschel-hs-132-c9d448c4-00cf-4d43-8770-f137ed55ebf-resize-750.gif
    henschel-hs-132-c9d448c4-00cf-4d43-8770-f137ed55ebf-resize-750.gif
    158.1 KB · Views: 0

Flitedesign 3d

Elite member
the Saab Draken, the jet the Swedes used to embarrass Soviet pilots with the Cobra maneuver.
View attachment 161177

anytime you see the words Pugachev's Cobra, be reminded that its actually the Swedish Kort Parad, they were performing it a decade earlier in mock dogfights against the soviets, and that USSR pilots were simple braggarts that couldn't keep secret maneuvers secret.
An edf saab draken with with up scaled intakes would definetily look funny

Boberticus

Theres a RC forums post where someone designed a 6mm depron one with pretty decent looking intakes, ive been meaning to convert it to 3/16in(4.3mm) DTFB foam for us 'mericans, but have wayyy to many unfinished projects to start another.

its not nearly as sleek looking as the real thing, but it ends up looking really nice. a bit more attention to smoothing the intakes and landing gear would make this thing shine.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2500425-Saab-J35-Draken

Flitedesign 3d

Elite member
Theres a RC forums post where someone designed a 6mm depron one with pretty decent looking intakes, ive been meaning to convert it to 3/16in(4.3mm) DTFB foam for us 'mericans, but have wayyy to many unfinished projects to start another.

its not nearly as sleek looking as the real thing, but it ends up looking really nice. a bit more attention to smoothing the intakes and landing gear would make this thing shine.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2500425-Saab-J35-Draken
For a foam draken that looks really nice. I have no experience with depron whatsoever so I dont know how hard it is to shape it like that.

jfaleo1

Hey everyone

As many of you know I did design the F-14 Tomcat and have started the plans but as long as there is no foam board distribution in the Europe I can't start prototyping. If you haven't seen it you can see pictures of the 3d model in my media.

Since the f-14 is more of a personal project which I want to build myself, I decided that I could host a new project with this community. The idea is that I would design a new foam board fighter jet and make the plans for it and some volunteers of this community can build the prototypes since I'm not able to do it. Needles to say the design will be easier and simpler than my f-14. The jet will be either a single or a twin edf model using probably 60-70 mm units. What do you guys think? Is anyone interested to collaborate? Since this project is more about the community I want to know which model you want to see. There are some suggestions in the poll below, go vote something. Of course you can also suggest other models also but they might be more unlikely to happen. I might not make the conclusion only looking at the poll but it will give me an idea what this community wants.

Let me know what do you think and if you are interested in this project.

Have a good day!

All good but the YF-23 is the bird I want to see most, or the Avro Arrow.