Which Fat Shark Goggles have Head-tracking?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
NONE of them do.

You have to buy a plug in unit for them. Unless you want to revert (and I am not 100% sure on this even) to older models like pre FPV explosion old before they got greedy.

IcedStorm777

NONE of them do.

You have to buy a plug in unit for them. Unless you want to revert (and I am not 100% sure on this even) to older models like pre FPV explosion old before they got greedy.

Really? I was pretty sure that the Attitudes have built in head tracking? Thanks!

FDS

Elite member
Skyzone 02’s have head tracking and come with decent screens, internal receivers, dual antennae. My son got a set for Xmas, they are easily as good in use as my Dominator HD3’s.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
All Skyzones have the head trackers except the stripped down 02c that DONT have the camera or head tracker AS the options. I love the Skyzones. They always look good inside and they have never let me down with the stock receivers even when using the stock dipoles everyone throws away. The new 02C's I have are even better then my original 01v2's. The only reason I got the new ones is I have plugged in and worn out and replaced the tiny jacks so many times in 3 years I can no longer get a good signal out for recording. the goggles themselves still are as nice as day one video wise.

FPVAirCombat

Has anyone got experience using the Skyzone head-trackers? Does it have both pan & tilt. Is there any drift issues? Is there a center button for ease of re-centering the camera gimbal in midflight if there’s drift issues?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I played around with head tracking on a 3 camera system with my old skyzone v1 02's and it was very stable. and yes if you hit the tracker button they auto center. Tou may be able to set i on a switch on the radio with open tx but I am not positive on that. Channels to talk to your radio are any combination of channel 5 thru 8. Then you map what ever you choose in your radio.

One word of warning before you actually try to use the servos under power is to set them for 50% throw and 50% speed. The head tracker is very sensitive and you can peg servos to the point of no return.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I was thinking that instead of the head tracker that I would just set pan and tilt to the sliders on the side of my radio since my neck aint all about that whole twisty turny thing.

tamuct01

I have Dominator V2s and they have a module. I don't believe it comes with them by default, but it's an easily added accessory.

FPVAirCombat

So it seems the most affordable option for someone to get into flying head-tracking FPV is with the Skyzone goggles. Good on them to include such a fun functionality with no extra cost. Both DJI and Fatshark have abandoned head-tracking as their focus is on the quad flyers exclusively.

One might consider a new goggle manufacturer from the Czech Republic competing in the premium FPV goggle segment — Orqa (shark killer... get it/LOL). They also include head-tracking and capacity for increased functionality through firmware updates.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I have Dominator V2s and they have a module. I don't believe it comes with them by default, but it's an easily added accessory.

Got my first pair of skyzones with head tracker, rock solid receivers, and a 480p front facing camera for 300 dollars on a last pair sale from a mom and pop hobby shop. they were 400 dollars everywhere else. I got my new skyzones with rock solid receivers no camera and no head tracker for 234 dollars. Less then a third of the cost of a kitted out Fatshark setup.

this is what I saw out of the box. Just minor camera adjustments needed for over saturation on the input side. Oh yeah AND the quad has a dipole antenna on it as well as one of the stock ones that came with the goggles and a AXII on the other side.