Help! Which FT plane do you suggest me ?

mecocuk

Hey guys,

I have a A2212/6t 2200 kv (51gr) cheap xxd chinese motor
30A esc
9gr servos
7/4 props, 6/4 props, 5x45 props
1600 mah 3s 25c lipo battery (100 gr) and 850 mah 3s 25c lipo battery (58 gr)

Also Im just a beginner for this hobby. Looking for FT planes but I am not sure which one is good for me and this setup.
Appreciated for helps :)

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Take a look at the FT Explorer, there is a limit to prop size, I'm not sure what it is.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
your motor is rated for a kinda small prop diameter not the best choice for a big plane like the explorer in my opinion....... a smaller air frame would be better suited

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
to be honest I build most of my own planes but not many FT FoamBoard, I have used your motor prop esc combo on a FT versa wing and why I pointed out its not a bunch of thrust for a big plane like the Explorer that I also have built, but a wing although small is not for a new guy unless your flight sim trained and confident

the FT Tiny Trainer you pointed out is recommended ALOT,

I havent built a tiny trainer so just make sure your battery dimensions will fit before you begin your build choice, otherwise you will have another expense...others that have built it can advise on battery limits

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The Ft Flyer would be a great choice! Your motor is a little big for the TT. An FT 22 would also be an awesome choice and work well with your motor.

SportyModder

Which battery should i use on FT Flyer with this setup ? 3s 1600 mah or 3s 850 mah ?
Lighter is always better... I get 5+ min out of a 3s 800mah batteries in my home builds using a 2206 2300kv motor. your larger motor may bring the motor run time to 3 min or so, but for just starting out the flight time should be acceptable.

However you may need the larger battery to balance the plane out.