Help! Which plane should be the best choice??

Hoomi

Master member
The Simple Scout has turned into one of my favorite planes. Mine is a bit overpowered, so I take off at around half-throttle. At that, she rolls forward nicely, the tail lifts off, and then I can just pull up and lift off with ease. At full throttle, she'll darn near leap off the ground, though I have to watch out for the torque roll.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The Simple Scout has turned into one of my favorite planes. Mine is a bit overpowered, so I take off at around half-throttle. At that, she rolls forward nicely, the tail lifts off, and then I can just pull up and lift off with ease. At full throttle, she'll darn near leap off the ground, though I have to watch out for the torque roll.
Man, I want another scout! That’s kinda what I’m going for with my foamboard ultra stick - nice everyday flyer that can do basic aerobatics and stuff.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Man, I want another scout! That’s kinda what I’m going for with my foamboard ultra stick - nice everyday flyer that can do basic aerobatics and stuff.
I know, I want another Scout, just a really good all around plane. Can do a lot of something from most aspects of flying. I only flew mine on 3s, might want to try it on 4s and maybe trimmed wings. So many possibilities. If I do build another it would be my fifth, between the two mini's and the two standards, mind you the J. Cash didn't last long lol

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I know, I want another Scout, just a really good all around plane. Can do a lot of something from most aspects of flying. I only flew mine on 3s, might want to try it on 4s and maybe trimmed wings. So many possibilities. If I do build another it would be my fifth, between the two mini's and the two standards, mind you the J. Cash didn't last long lol
I’ve also been toying with the idea of a 3D scout as well. It being a mid wing should make things easy - make a symmetrical wing, mod the tail a little, and that thing should be able to do a lot of 3D! I also need to get out and buddy box with my friend on his scout some more. It’s fun to fly that bird, especially since he has a c pack radial in it! :)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I’ve also been toying with the idea of a 3D scout as well. It being a mid wing should make things easy - make a symmetrical wing, mod the tail a little, and that thing should be able to do a lot of 3D! I also need to get out and buddy box with my friend on his scout some more. It’s fun to fly that bird, especially since he has a c pack radial in it! :)
A 3D Scout!!! That's a brilliant idea! That could so be done. Now the wheels are turning

Marty72

Elite member
The Scout w/c pack without landing gear is really responsive. It will do rolls so fast, yep I could see with some mods it might just be 3D. I flew it a bit Wednesday morning, I lost my field, as they are building houses now. I went to a church, fly an area that is great for the UMX Timber but a tad small with more risk with the Scout. I threw landing gear on it, did pavement take off and grass landing (too deep for take off). I also had the b pack in it, pretty docile. I didn't fly the Super Sportster there, a bit concerned about the speed/space and a near by 6 lane, busy road. I make sure to fly far enough away, that if I lose power, I can't drift over to the road but still.

For a beginner, you just can't go wrong with the Scout (B pack) and with a C pack, it's become an intermediate plane. Also the wings are big and wide, visually easy to orient (just don't do what I did, paint the top and bottom exactly the same).