Help! Which plane should be the best choice??

Alex2388

Hi I'm Alex. New in this forum

A few time ago a friend gave me a turning park 450, 890 kv with an 25A esc so my question is which would be the best choice of plane that I can build to fit that stuff? And specially what size. I'm super new on electric planes I used to fly Gas engine RC Planes when I was in high school but now after college and everything I want to return but with electric planes. TIA

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The bushwhacker and scorch are great trainers that are capable of much more. You could make the simple cub 3D.

If you are looking for a warbird, I agree with @CrazyFastFlying, the spitfire is hard to beat

Alex2388

Great suggestion. I used to fly a really slow Cessna, do you think that warbird would be suitable for me? Also I'm trying to conect an old futaba 6EXA to al the electric system do you think that is gonna work?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
If you could maintain inverted flight, then yes.

It somewhat depends on how long it has been. If it’s been a year or more, I’d recommend you start with the trainer type planes, the bushwhacker, scorch or cub. After you get your chops back, turn up the rates & move the CG aft and wring them out.

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Hi I'm Alex. New in this forum

A few time ago a friend gave me a turning park 450, 890 kv with an 25A esc so my question is which would be the best choice of plane that I can build to fit that stuff? And specially what size. I'm super new on electric planes I used to fly Gas engine RC Planes when I was in high school but now after college and everything I want to return but with electric planes. TIA
Greetings and Welcome! I'm pretty new myself, and any of the Flite Test "B" power pack planes would be good. My recommendation is the Simple Scout, it's easy to build, but it has pretty big control surfaces, so on low rates it's really gentle to fly, but it rolls and loops really well on high rates...great plane to grow with...IMO...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Greetings and Welcome! I'm pretty new myself, and any of the Flite Test "B" power pack planes would be good. My recommendation is the Simple Scout, it's easy to build, but it has pretty big control surfaces, so on low rates it's really gentle to fly, but it rolls and loops really well on high rates...great plane to grow with...IMO...
I second that. The Simple Scout is an awesome plane!

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
I just invested in FPV gear - maybe I’ll have to try that!

You did? Cool!

Some FPV gear came on my XK A1200. It did come with a 4" display, but I can't see anything with it. I could probably carefully take the FPV gear out of it, get a pair of cheap goggles and put everything on a different plane. :unsure:

Marty72

Elite member
As someone new to this, (started September of 2019), I'd recommend the Simple Scout first. I've built the Simple Scout, the Sportster and the P 40. However, of the 3, the most durable without a doubt is the Sportster.

Marty72

Elite member
The Scout will fly pretty fast with that motor, the Sportster may need more. The Scout is speced for a B Pack motor and with a C pack, it's a rocket and rolls really fast on high rates. The Sportster needs a lot more motor. The Simple Scout is one of FT most popular planes and for good reasons. What is cool about the Scout is it will fly really well, both slow and fast.

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
The Scout will fly pretty fast with that motor, the Sportster may need more. The Scout is speced for a B Pack motor and with a C pack, it's a rocket and rolls really fast on high rates. The Sportster needs a lot more motor. The Simple Scout is one of FT most popular planes and for good reasons. What is cool about the Scout is it will fly really well, both slow and fast.
I fly mine FPV all the time, and the rolls are sooooooo fun! I have the C motor on mine as well...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I fly mine FPV all the time, and the rolls are sooooooo fun! I have the C motor on mine as well...
You guys are making me want to build another Scout again... love this hobby! :love::ROFLMAO: