which plane should i build with this motor

rcwees

i have a motor just laying around from a build that was scratched a while ago, and was wondering if i should try and make a mini or something with it, i just dont know which would work if any at all. here is the link for the motor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XBZWIHE/?tag=lstir-20

i just wanted to make a plane that is just fun to fly and i can just mess around with, any ideas?

Byrdman

I just built a Mini Scout a few weeks ago and it's great. It should work with that power combo with the right prop. I would also suggest no landing gear. Mine flew good with LG, but then flew great without it.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
ok i’ll look into it. what size prop do you recomend?
Looking at the specs it wants a 6070 prop... Looking at motor size you should probably rather build the full size scout... Not the mini... As this motor is almost on par with a b power pack. I would even say it can swing an 8060 or 8045 prop ...

rcwees

uhmm ok i’ll see do you think itd be to overpowered if i made the mini. i just wanted a small ish plane so that way i can fly it in a smaller area and not care if it crashes

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
uhmm ok i’ll see do you think itd be to overpowered if i made the mini. i just wanted a small ish plane so that way i can fly it in a smaller area and not care if it crashes
it will be over powered.... or,, kinda... but if you want a small plane then go for it.... it should fly fine... especially on 2s... 3s it would be a rocket... and not so easy in small areas

rcwees

in that case, if you think its on par with the b pack then which model would be good for it, wether its mini or not. its a random request but i just want a plane that i can fly for fun and if i crash its not a big deal.

rcwees

ok i might try that, how do i scale it up exactly. im new to this. also would you think the f-22 mini would work with this, or should i just scale up the mini scout?

Taildragger

Legendary member
You could scale up the Mini Scout to 30" wing span. Probably around 125%
1631721395175.png

Why not?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
in that case, if you think its on par with the b pack then which model would be good for it, wether its mini or not. its a random request but i just want a plane that i can fly for fun and if i crash its not a big deal.
I'm with @Byrdman on that....
The 125% mm scout would be a more relaxing flyer...

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
ok i might try that, how do i scale it up exactly. im new to this. also would you think the f-22 mini would work with this, or should i just scale up the mini scout?
Open the full size plans in Adobe...
Select print.
Change scale to 125.
Select poster.
Select cut marks & print.

rcwees

ok ima up scale the mini scout and try it, what size battery should i use? and for future refrence do you think that motor will work with the f-22 mini?

Byrdman

i made the cub with my c pack motor and i cant even get it to fly, so ima try the mini scout and see how it goes

Dont feel bad! My cub doesn't fly well either, but I'm still working on it. While I was getting frustrated with the cub, I decided to build something else and that is when I found the Mini Scout.

I also made a bigger one with the same dimensions as the full size, but I built the wing like the mini.
IMG_20210910_192050_01.jpg
PXL_20210908_113446056.jpg
PXL_20210908_113426715.jpg