Which power pack is best?

The flite test store has two power pack options for the minis series. The descriptions are almost identical on the power packs and they both say that they work for the Corsair and the mustang but previously they only had one option for these planes. I would like to make a beginner plane for a first flight that is easier to fly, but I already have a warbird with an F pack. Can I use an F pack in place of an A pack are there any good beginner planes in the F pack category because getting another motor is a bit of a hassle.
F pack:
Flite Test Alpha
Flite Test Alpha Bravo Charlie
Flite Test Bravo
Flite Test Charlie
Flite Test Mini Arrow
Flite Test Mini Corsair
Flite Test Mini DR1 Triplane
Flite Test Mini F-22
Flite Test Mini Mustang
Flite Test Mini SE5 Biplane
Flite Test Mini Sportster
Flite Test Mini Vector
Flite Test Mini Warbird Combo
Flite Test Pietenpol
Flite Test WWI Battle Buddies

A pack:
Flite Test Glider Golf Kit
Flite Test Long EZ
Flite Test Mini Arrow
Flite Test Mini Corsair
Flite Test Mini Cruiser
Flite Test Mini F-22
Flite Test Mini Mustang
Flite Test Mini Pun
Flite Test Mini Scout
Flite Test Mini Sparrow
Flite Test Mini Speedster
Flite Test Mini Sportster
Flite Test Mini Tiny Trainer
Flite Test Mini Vector

Chuppster

Both A and F power pods have similar sized engines. I don't see why either of them wouldn't work just fine for any of the minis.

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
Is there any reason not to use the F pack? Does the A pack have a slower top speed making it easier to handle for beginners?
The A pack is slower and it's what I used on my first FT arrow. Then I got to the point I was flying at full throttle for the entire flight so I upgraded to the F pack and I love it. Use it on a 3s battery and you'll be fine. When your ready for more speed use a 4s.

If you go with the A pack you really need to build light to see the best performance. With the F pack you have more power to deal with possible extra weight.

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
Over powered is always better then under powered, under powered planes struggle to fly making them more difficult.... They make a throttle for a reason.