• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

White Diamond revealed! - single sheet DTFB flier

JGplanes

I had the prototype for this plane at FFE'17, and had several interesting comments on it. I'm just about to release the full plans and my first build video. I was so excited about how well the final version turned out, I had to do a teaser. Wish me the best, and let me know if it something you're interested in building.

JG

evranch

Looks like a neat design, and fun to fly. Tracks really nice. Also looks like a fairly quick build, not too much cutting and folding. Will be interesting to see your plans.

JGplanes

Quick update: The plans/parts are done! I'm working on the build video, but it's slow going. I hope to have it done in a week or so. I'd like to do a YouTube collaboration on the release video, but I need to reach out to a flying buddy in the area. Right now it's raining... good time for video editing. :)

JG

JGplanes

Update: Build video is done and is uploading to youtube now...slowly. I will probably share it with a few people as a test, and then release the plans and video later in the week.

PS... My son and I flew this with a micro FPV camera on it for the first time tonight. His words, "Awesome!"

JGplanes

Update: Plans have been uploaded to FT website as a resource, and are awaiting approval. The build video will be released on my youtube channel as soon as the plans are approved.

Designing is fun, but producing plans, a build video, and making sure everything is right is a long journey. I have a lot more respect for all FT and some of you others do now. Please wish me the best for the release, and I hope you all get to have some fun with it!

JGplanes -----+}-

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Ha! Never crossed my mind. Travel much?
In the past quite a lot. But I was thinking Flite Fest specific. I will be traveling by air and I'm planning my airplane strategy.

In Texas, I took a prefabbed Goblin and built a Kraken that I was able to sell, but I really don't want to build this time. The Goblin was a good choice, as it's a little bomb with a big battery and can handle the wind quite well.

I will probably prefab a Mini Mustang to go along with another Goblin. However, when I saw your White Diamond, it was immediately apparent that its compactness combined with good flying was very attractive.