Whitehead No. 21 MonoPlane Build

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
What to do? :)

Build it and re-build it until you get what you want. The more you build, the more building skills you will gain. I look at my earliest models and shake my head in wonder. Then I look at Willsonman's builds and I still shake my head and wonder. I have come so far but am yet still so, so far away.

What to do? Build it and build it and build it until you get the build you want. :)

Oh, BBQ skewers for the masts will make it much lighter. :)

CatholicFlyer

Thanks, got my list on what to get, pretty much done for this first model. Will look better with Clear Boxing Tape and get a new hot glue gun. This will get better with better products.

CatholicFlyer

does Walmart have RC parts, servos and elevators and a controller? I am wondering what will be needed when it is time to put this old bird into the sky once again.

CatholicFlyer

In these photos, you will see the same way they hooked lines from the wings to the tail, then it seems to the rear steering wheel, which would turn and take you either up or down, the side steering wheels would turn you left or right I believe and the big one I think is for stability; if anyone knows if this is wrong on the use of the four steering wheels, please share. The Steering wheels are made of laminated cereal bowls. Same with the seat, now, I will be working on rigging up some sort of engines but one thing I do not know is, where did Mr. Whitehead put his air tanks to run them? @cranialrectosis @Hai-Lee @Josh Bixler

Attachments

• WIN_20180720_11_37_06_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180720_11_37_06_Pro.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20180720_11_37_24_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180720_11_37_24_Pro.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20180720_11_37_44_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180720_11_37_44_Pro.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 0