Who going to Flite Fest West?

fastfred529

Who is going to Flite Fest West?

Please respond to this post. Thinking we should wear name tags with our city on them. Would great to meet local Flitetest Fans.

Last edited:

xtrmtrk

At the first FliteFest East in Ohio I bugged Josh that they should do a FliteFestWest. Now that it's real, of course I have to go! I'll be flying down from Seattle. I can't wait.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Im going, already got iron on patch of my social media pic for my flitetest hat.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
That IS a great idea. Guys could bring a batch of the patches and trade them like Olympic pins :cool:

Ok, this is going somewhere...I love it! Maybe we should identify a template, easy-to-use (and cheap) method, to encourage more involvement? I'll do some searching and thinking...

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
UPDATE: I just got an idea, and I might have a real avenue for very-low-cost 'DIY' patches...standby

Most online sources I found were on the order of $10/patch with a minimum of 10. Some have no minimum, but still there's shipping/tax/etc... My DIY solution would involve me bringing them and distributing on-site. Stand by...

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
UPDATE: I just got an idea, and I might have a real avenue for very-low-cost 'DIY' patches...standby

Most online sources I found were on the order of $10/patch with a minimum of 10. Some have no minimum, but still there's shipping/tax/etc... My DIY solution would involve me bringing them and distributing on-site. Stand by...

$10 seems really expensive. Campaign-type buttons might be cheap.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Yeah it is kind of an interesting problem. Meeting people that you only have talked to on social media or forums. How do you recognize each other?

AudioCyclist

I plan to attend. I still have some speed-build kits to complete (such as a Storch) and an original design that I would be privileged to have Josh pilot for its maiden flight.

Concerning the patches, it would seem appropriate and in the spirit of Flite Test to construct them using DTFB. One could then print the desired logo, name, location, and/or avatar on paper. Once trimmed to the correct size, this would then replace the paper on one side of the foam board patch. Attach a popsicle stick on the back with hot-glue and then hot-glue a large safety pin to the popsicle stick as the means of attachment to a cap or shirt.

See you in Vallejo.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Concerning the patches, it would seem appropriate and in the spirit of Flite Test to construct them using DTFB. One could then print the desired logo, name, location, and/or avatar on paper. Once trimmed to the correct size, this would then replace the paper on one side of the foam board patch. Attach a popsicle stick on the back with hot-glue and then hot-glue a large safety pin to the popsicle stick as the means of attachment to a cap or shirt.

See you in Vallejo.

I was trying to come up with something a little more lasting...

I just had a thought; What about 3D-printing small tokens, or dog tags? I don't have a printer, but I have experience modeling dog tags with custom text and simple logos, I would be willing to model and provide STL files if someone wouldn't mind donating some 3D-printer time. Maybe FT would be willing to share the logo they have on Bixler's radiator? I could incorporate it into a dog tag or medallion/coin with attendee's forum names and a little custom text.

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 4.34.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 4.34.18 PM.png

Splatwillicrash

I was trying to come up with something a little more lasting...

I just had a thought; What about 3D-printing small tokens, or dog tags? I don't have a printer, but I have experience modeling dog tags with custom text and simple logos, I would be willing to model and provide STL files if someone wouldn't mind donating some 3D-printer time. Maybe FT would be willing to share the logo they have on Bixler's radiator? I could incorporate it into a dog tag or medallion/coin with attendee's forum names and a little custom text.

View attachment 81680 View attachment 81681

I have a printer, send me a couple test files and I will give it a shot. I can print in PLA, ABS (sometimes... ), or PETG which is alot like ABS but easier to print with and has a bit more flex without the brittle tendencies of PLA.

I will give it a try in PETG or PLA first.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
I have a printer, send me a couple test files and I will give it a shot. I can print in PLA, ABS (sometimes... ), or PETG which is alot like ABS but easier to print with and has a bit more flex without the brittle tendencies of PLA.

I will give it a try in PETG or PLA first.

Awesome! I'll mock up some FT-tags tonight after work and send them to you this weekend. Actually, I'll just post them here in the thread when they're done.