Who here has family that worked on the original real world version of a FT plane?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
My Dad who recently passed worked for North American Aviation/ North American Rockwell/ Rockwell International. He did a work/study internship with North American Aviation while in college for Electrical Engineering at U of L in the 50's and retired from Rockwell before they were bought by Boeing in the mid 90's. He mostly worked at the Columbus Ohio plant located at KCMH. Over the years he worked on a variety of guidance, fuel measurement, Monitoring, Telemetry, and simulations systems. He worked quiet extensively on the fuel measurement and estimation systems of the OV-10 Bronco which is one of the FT kits and I plan on building one in the near future. Along with that, he was involved with the A-5 Vigilante, B1-B, Space Shuttle, and various other projects that the KCMH plant worked on. He would also travel to California to work on other projects (possibly XB-70). Most of those travels were for projects that he could not tell us much about.

LB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
My real father was a machinist by trade. He had moved to Key West Florida when I was like 8 years old. I got to visit him one summer down there and he showed me some of the things he was working on. One was a Freon powered fully automatic bb pistol. I had a blast picking off lizards on the banana tree out back with it.

He also showed me some pictures of an experimental aircraft he was doing the machine work for. I was way to young to remember the company name but I do remember that it looked like a cross between the Long EZ and the Beech Starcraft as best as I can remember. He supposedly passed away of a second heart attack that fall so I never got to go back down or learn much about his life down there.

So I may or may not have had someone who worked on an FT designed plane.

kilroy07

Legendary member
My grandfather (on my mom's side) assembled the Norton bomb sight used on the B-17s during WWII.
(Not working on the plane per se', but pretty much the point of the planes existence.) :p

If FT ever does rotorcraft, My Dad worked on the radios on helos during Nam (Huey, Cobra and Loach)...

I drove tanks 1986-90 (to be fair, FT did make a take fly....)

Last edited: