Who is already planning for Flite Fest 2015?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
July 9-12, 2015 somewhere in Ohio

I don't know about you guys, but Flite Fest 2014 for me was an awesome event, and as this year is quickly coming to a close, I'm thinking about what 2015 has in store for me, and part of that is Flite Fest 2015!

Since no one has said I've been fired, I plan to work with Austin and the crew again this year as the volunteer coordinator. So, if you're interested in volunteering, I'm taking applications. :D

I'm also rethinking how I will get back and forth to Ohio. Last year I flew, but due to delays and cancellations, I could have driven to Ohio in less time that it took me to fly there.

But what has me the most excited, is that at Flite Fest this year I got to meet in person many of the folks I talk to on here, (and through Facebook) in person for the first time. I also got to meet some of the people who I had only seen in passing on the forums, but never really spoke with. So it's exciting to think about who I'll get to meet with again, and who I'll be introduced to thanks to this event.

So, will you be going? How will you get there? Will this be your first Flite Fest, or did you get to go this year? Are you going there with friends, or to meet up with them? What are you most looking forward to if you get to go?

Corbarrad

I'm making plans, but knowing myself it remains to be seen if any of them come to fruition...
That'll be one expensive vacation, but then again I haven't been out of the country for the better part of a decade.
I'll just keep telling myself I've earned it.

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
Has a date been set yet? I would definitely like to make it again this year but I'll need to get it on the calendar pretty early to schedule everything. Vacation time is going to be pretty thin next year...

AeroMaestro

I'm already making plans. But since I have to work all of the weekend, I'll only be able to be there on Thursday afternoon in 2015. :(
(I run a music festival nearby --- I've got a concert Friday, two on Saturday, and two on Sunday. So if y'all get tired of flying all day and want to hear some world-class classical chamber music, come on over.)

Jimmyp

I had a blast last year and will likely go again. Is it at the same location? Lets convince them to do it up here in Ontario

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
My friend and I will be flying in Wed. Cant wait. Already planning what I can pack into 2 bags. One pair of underwear is cool right?

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I had gone solo to the first one, but my friend to turned me onto the hobby and I have been talking about going together via a rented RV...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I don't know when it is... but I've put in a request to find out.

They haven't said if they've found a new location, or if it will be at Fury Field again. It should be somewhere in that general region.

Where would you be traveling from Corbarrad?

FunkeyMonk, you should convince your venue to come play one day at FTFF! That way you can be there, AND help with the concert.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
My son (AkimboGlueGuns) and I are planning on driving from Wisconsin with the camper again, along with my Brother and nephew. I'm looking forward to even more combat in 2015. I hope that Flite Test will release my Bloody Baron before then and I see a bunch of them flying in a massive combat at Flite Fest! I'm also planning on building a large scale plane with my son while we are there. And, I think I might volunteer to help out in the build tent too.

earthsciteach

Raising my hand! I'll be there. However, I do have a conflict with a commitment that week. I'd love to arrive mid-week and help out with setup, but I don't know if I can sell that to my wife, who is director of the summer camp causing said conflict.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
building a large scale plane with my son

Sonex.jpg

;)

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I am planning to go. I can't decide if I should drive (37 hours) so I can bring built planes or fly and just make all my stuff there.

What does everyone else do?

BabyBrit

Fly jacRC
I am certainly planning on going to be present at FF2015. A couple of the "Mad Scratch Builders" are thinking of a way to incoprote a design, build and fly competition for scale and own design challenges. Im sure more of that information will surface as time moves forward. Should be a blast and looking forward to meeting everyone there.