Who is excited about the P51 master series?!?!

Who is excited for the P51 master series?!?!

• Total voters

sh0sey

I’ll probably wait until scratch-build plans are released but I was glad to see this has finally released! I already own the Eflite 1.2m and the mighty mini mustang, I just don’t think I can resist building another! Such a fun plane and the building experiences I’ve had from FT have been so rewarding.

Now to decide what livery I’ll put on her 🤔

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I’ll probably wait until scratch-build plans are released but I was glad to see this has finally released! I already own the Eflite 1.2m and the mighty mini mustang, I just don’t think I can resist building another! Such a fun plane and the building experiences I’ve had from FT have been so rewarding.

Now to decide what livery I’ll put on her 🤔
Same - was tempted by the sbk but why not save those $60 for something like an aurora 5 that you will appreciate more (at least I would.) But yes - I’m super excited for the Mustang!

PoorManRC

Master member
Same - was tempted by the sbk but why not save those $60 for something like an aurora 5 that you will appreciate more (at least I would.) But yes - I’m super excited for the Mustang!
I definitely want the Aura... But I HAVE to get the SBK if I'm going to have that gorgeous Bird! That one I WOULD definitely build a detailed Cockpit for. 😁

But I'm dreaming.... Corona-HYSTERIA has driven prices of the most basic items UP so much around here...

EATING is legitimately a major problem for us... 😞 So as much as I want that - AND the Thunderbolt, AND now need a whole new Radio........
I don't see anything happening.

But I really look forward to seeing what you guys do with this amazing Warbird!!
REALLY looking forward to seeing how @BATTLEAXE ends up painting HIS! 😳😎👍👍
Stay SAFE!

Apple Pie

Elite member
Looking forward to this one for sure. I'm planning on building a fleet of WW2 master series planes over the next few months. Mostly completed the corsair and spitfire (waiting on parts). Have the P47 cut out but not yet started. Cutting out a Hellcat now. Throw in the P51 and that will give me plenty to work on!

sh0sey

Looking forward to this one for sure. I'm planning on building a fleet of WW2 master series planes over the next few months. Mostly completed the corsair and spitfire (waiting on parts). Have the P47 cut out but not yet started. Cutting out a Hellcat now. Throw in the P51 and that will give me plenty to work on!

Where did you get Hellcat plans?!
You're rolling at wartime production levels! Can't wait to see how they all turn out.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Can’t wait 😍😍😍 always wanted P-51D
never could bring myself to buying one and constantly begging John on insta to release it
will be straight to this waiting on more foam board to arrive 😜 thunderbolt printed out and plan on building this until the P-51 hits the download button and ready to add to the collection
BD22D8B7-877E-4016-B79B-3DB619F50508.jpeg 6A7F1043-993E-406A-902A-B656784CF8B6.jpeg 15FAC35C-8D19-42DD-A776-04AAF70DB358.jpeg 33077C61-274C-4AD6-858A-6311A75DAF79.jpeg B45528A4-ED2C-49FE-BE8B-9581D28DB8F2.jpeg
let’s see it hit the button
919F216E-52BB-4CFE-9BE5-7B38EFF62351.jpeg

Apple Pie

Elite member
Where did you get Hellcat plans?!
You're rolling at wartime production levels! Can't wait to see how they all turn out.

Hellcat plans are here https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/foamboard-f6f-hellcat.75/
and a thread here https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/foamboard-f6f-hellcat.59398/

I have converted the plans to SVG and have cut them out with my needle cutter, but haven't started this one yet. There are no build instructions but doesn't look that much different than any of the other master series planes. Looks to be similar in size to the Corsair and smaller than the Spit and P-47. Here are the SVG files if that helps anyone else with needle or laser cutters.

Attachments

• Hellcat SVG 1.svg
    386.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Hellcat SVG 2.svg
    386.5 KB · Views: 0

shadeyB

Legendary member
I like to scratch build too, its half the fun and im DUTCH, but I also like to support FT as much as possible : )
Same here pilot, I use 6mm FB so I always have to amend as I go 👍🏻 I support FT with the purchase of C pack motors (killed one already ) and ft horns , yes I could just make them or size up motor to suit the build but that’s my support and with shipping to UK it’s costly

Apple Pie

Elite member
Same here pilot, I use 6mm FB so I always have to amend as I go 👍🏻 I support FT with the purchase of C pack motors (killed one already ) and ft horns , yes I could just make them or size up motor to suit the build but that’s my support and with shipping to UK it’s costly
I buy the FT water resistant foam and all the control horns, firewalls, pushrods, etc plus receivers and transmitters (I have a few) from FT. I like to cut my own planes so I don’t want to buy the speed build kits. I hope they ramp up the release rates for Johns designs and don’t wait for theirs capacity to make speed build kits for all of them before the plans are released.

Apple Pie

Elite member
Here is a shot of the P51, Spitfire and P47 all together. Each flies beautifully and are well worth the effort to build. The larger profile of the P47 and the much larger elevator and rudder mean it flies a little different that the other two. Not sure exactly how to describe it but definitely less “slippery”.

I maidened the P51 today and my brother took up the spitfire at the same time. Super fun to have the two of them ripping up the sky together. I’ll post a short video tomorrow.
EE87C1E7-88AC-4461-83E0-D4C79D8DCE06.jpeg
E1996CCE-667A-4AF9-9E74-D959AD68BCC3.jpeg

shadeyB

Legendary member
Here is a shot of the P51, Spitfire and P47 all together. Each flies beautifully and are well worth the effort to build. The larger profile of the P47 and the much larger elevator and rudder mean it flies a little different that the other two. Not sure exactly how to describe it but definitely less “slippery”.

I maidened the P51 today and my brother took up the spitfire at the same time. Super fun to have the two of them ripping up the sky together. I’ll post a short video tomorrow. View attachment 174215 View attachment 174216
Dog looks like
“what seriously another Plane”
Lol gorgeous