Help! Who Will Transmitter-Mentor Me? (DX7; Carbon Cub S+; Carbon Cub SS; V900)

Yoshio

To arm some of those need the throttle moved above 25% and then back down to 0 to arm the plane as a safety factor.
When binding DO NOT have the transmitter next to the plane, I will turn away from the plane so my body is between the plane and transmitter. Plug in receiver first with bind plug, then turn on transmitter in bind mode once bound shut everything down and repower with transmitter on first then the plane.

Keep asking questions we will get you going.
This for sure helped to bind properly! Thanks.

Yoshio

I don't use this transmitter so can't offer specific advice on it. But the one thing I would say, is to learn about failsafe and also setup a kill switch. I only found out about it this week, and I started this hobby last year. I also fly with my son, and feel that it's an important safety aspect you should know about to start out with.
Yep, did my homework again on these the terms. Thanks. Safety first. :)

Yoshio

Did the original seller mention that he de-registered the radio with Spektrum , one way to find out is go to Spektrum set up an account and register your radio if it will not let you register your serial number then you need to contact the original owner and have him de-register it. If not then any future updates you will not be able to get. It is Horizons way of protecting stolen radios.
Seller apparently was a pro and already mentioned in his ebay descritption that he would deregister the decvice and deliver it updated.

Yoshio

Guys! Landing Gear Problem! ... since the beginning, but now I am out of (good) ideas.

With this I am quite desperate: Parts of the landing gear on "Cub S+" broke several times. Bad landings broke those brackets in the beginning, but even fine landings broke the pretty hard glued construction again.

Those brackets...

IMG-7966.jpg

sat here...

IMG-7968.jpg

Glued it several times, but afterwards even the best landings broke them again since there is always pressure led from the wheels through the wire construction to those brackets. Please have a look at the images below to get an idea.

IMG-7967.jpg
(This is how the bracket is surrounding the wire)

IMG-7969.jpg
(Here you see how the wire is loose without the brackets. When landing it flips back of course)

THING IS: I am done with glue. Also because we have here a zone of hard plastic (brackets and interior frame) mixed with that foam. So how to fix that landing gear? My landings are decent now, but still the landing gear construction will have to take some energy.

Last edited:

Yoshio

Guys! Landing Gear Problem! ... since the beginning, but now I am out of (good) ideas.

With this I am quite desperate: Parts of the landing gear on "Cub S+" broke several times. Bad landings broke those brackets in the beginning, but even fine landings broke the pretty hard glued construction again.

Those brackets...

View attachment 167822

sat here...

View attachment 167823

Glued it several times, but afterwards even the best landings broke them again since there is always pressure led from the wheels through the wire construction to those brackets. Please have a look at the images below to get an idea.

View attachment 167824
(This is how the bracket is surrounding the wire)

View attachment 167825
(Here you see how the wire is loose without the brackets. When landing it flips back of course)

THING IS: I am done with glue. Also because we have here a zone of hard plastic (brackets and interior frame) mixed with that foam. So how to fix that landing gear? My landings are decent now, but still the landing gear construction will have to take some energy.

Ok people! Right after I posted this issue I realized that this is sth. that I need to solve by myself. But explaining
and sharing the problem was the first step to "a" solution.

Here we go! Super, super ugly, but I'm confident that it will last longer than the pure glue approaches.

1. Sticked dowels - bathed in foam-friendly glue - from the outside into the bottom compartment (Yes, it hurt). Put screws into the dowels (Hurt also).

IMG-7986 (1).jpg

2. The pressure while landing though will push on the front-dowels (I hit the wheels really hard to test, but reality will have to prove).
Back-dowels will limit play of gear at takeoff. (You can see that my profession of putting the dowels into the plane was increasing clockwise)

IMG-7981 (1).jpg

3. Watch the ugly
#1: Evil front-dowels with screw will try to withstand landings.
#2. Nano-Tape smoothens the play between front and back dowels.
IMG-7984 (1).jpg

4. Surgeon's view...I will always remember this tinker-plane.

ghj.jpg

Last edited:

Yoshio

Go here https://spektrumrc.com/Support/Manuals.aspx register your transmitter and the manual will be axcessable on line or for download. It will be easier to help once you understand the basics.
Ok, understood now some more terms. I just still don't get how I can program different surfaces on a single switch position. So for example I want if the F switch is on pos. 0 that aileron, rudder and elevator have a dual rate of 50%, when switch is on pos. 2 all surfaces should be on 75% and on pos 3 all surfaces on 100%.

I played with highlighting the switch graphic (F switch) and mark positions with click wheel, but couldn't figure out. The manual also doesn't teach anything about all that.

And I could't find out how to handle the parameter "curve" (providing the options 0, 1, 2, Inh) in the "D/R and expo" view.

Bricks

Master member
After reading the steps I left out one step it is so easy to show someone but hard to write it up.

If you do some searching there are very good videos about D/R and expo here is one from Spektrum

Yoshio

After reading the steps I left out one step it is so easy to show someone but hard to write it up.

If you do some searching there are very good videos about D/R and expo here is one from Spektrum

You are kidding me :) EXACTLY this video I was was watching when I received your reply. Becoming more confident now with the DX7 by reading, watching, trying. Thanks man!

Yoshio

Programming Dual Rates & Expo accomplished! Now that I understood it I don't know anymore why I found that part so complicated :unsure: Thanks for your support guys!