Whoop rxloss

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Ok, I got my stuff from rdq today and popped a crazybee x dxs into my 1s 75mm whoop. When I try to arm it says rxloss. When I went into betaflight it gave me a pop up telling me that the board firmware was newer than the configurator and it gave me a link for the newest version. I downloaded it and opened it and it still gave me the same pop up. I already sent an email to rdq but I figured you guys would probably know what it is. The reciever antenna is kinda short too (only ~2/3-3/4 in).

Thx for the help

Mr_Stripes

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Problem is solved! CS is sending me a new board! RDQ CS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

However if anyone can figure out how to fix this whoop board I would be very very happy.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The configurator and .hex versions have to be bale to talk to each other. You can have a new version of the configurator and an old hex work together but you cant have a new .hex work on an older configurator.

For example. F3 flight controllers lost support back in betaflight 10.2 but the newest betaflight configurator can still read and manipulate an F3 chip. It just can not flash it to any thing newer then 10.2

Get 10.4 or 10.7 betaflight configurator since (These are configurator versions I am familiar with and know to be stable for older Fc's ) that FC is an F4 and you should be able to connect and reflash it. Just be sure you select full erase as well to clear out the version that is on the FC as it may be corrupt which is why you are having issues.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I flashed the board but when I did the receiver was not bound anymore. I tried to rebind the receiver but the receiver light did not even blink. The reciever tab in betaflight was completely blank. So was the vtx tabThe board came running 4.3.0. I flashed it to 4.2.8. I do have the cli dump from the 4.3 but I don't know if that is compatible with 4.2.8. My friend has a crazybee lite fr in his mob 6 and can send me the cli dump. Idk if that would help. I think the ports tab is messed up.
Screenshot 2021-03-01 152348.png

The board has a built in vtx and a built in spi reciever.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Try changing serial to uart 1. When there is a dedicated usb vcp port they usually use that for the receiver where non dedicated vcps the receiver goes to uart 2 and uart 1 is dedicated to vcp.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I tried that. I also looked at the manual for the mob6 dsmx which uses the same board and it did not work. Maybe it was the settings they had in bf4.3.0.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Well I was stupid again and flashed the board to the wrong target, crazybeedx (pnp) instead of crazybeedxs (dsmx). I will tell you guys if it works.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Still didn't fix the reciever. I am wondering if the board will only work with the custom betaflight 4.3 that it came with. I still have the cli dump from that. But how would I get the original firmware on there if it isn't released yet?

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Here is the cli dump. Idk if this is safe to put into the older firmware.

Attachments

• CrazybeeX BF 4.3.txt
    5 KB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Says there is nothing saved. No manufacturer data so the flash did not complete or did not save.

# version
# Betaflight / STM32F411 (S411) 4.3.0 Aug 4 2020 / 07:36:18 (norevision) MSP API: 1.44
###ERROR IN diff: NO CONFIG FOUND###
# start the command batch
batch start.

Here is the same line on my last 3 inch build.
# version
# Betaflight / STM32F405 (S405) 4.1.6 Apr 25 2020 / 05:11:18 (283bda8bf) MSP API: 1.42
# manufacturer_id: DIAT board_name: FURYF4OSD custom defaults: YES

# start the command batch
batch start

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
My problem is that the receiver wont work. There are rx and tx 1 and 2 pads on the board as well as gnd and 5v (tho theyre tiny and squeezed in there). If I added an external receiver would it work?