Who's liking the look of the new FT Aura 5 flight controller?

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I want to say ' Thank You ' for the guys posting info to help me. I looked closer to my DX5e. I don't think that I can use the Aura 5 with my present transmitter. The transmitter does not have a 3 position switch on it. Sounds like I would have to buy a new transmitter to work with the Aura 5. It's looking like things with the Aura 5 will be on hold. You know, cash flow.

Al

chris398mx

Master member
Hi Everyone,

I want to say ' Thank You ' for the guys posting info to help me. I looked closer to my DX5e. I don't think that I can use the Aura 5 with my present transmitter. The transmitter does not have a 3 position switch on it. Sounds like I would have to buy a new transmitter to work with the Aura 5. It's looking like things with the Aura 5 will be on hold. You know, cash flow.

Al
i can understand the money constraint. If you want these same features, just buy a lemon receiver with stability while you save up for a new transmitter and the other parts you will need. The lemon is cheap and works well. I believe you can set the modes you want to use even without a 3 position switch. You just wont be able to have all three at your disposal at once.

3D-Seth

Hi Everyone,

Al

Al, if I remember correctly, there are two versions of the DX5e. One has a 3-position gear (CH5) switch, and one has a 2-position gear (CH5) switch (top left, short switch on the radio for US Mode 2 users). If you have one with a 2-position switch, you can still use 2 of the 3 flight modes. You only miss the middle position.

Of course, it can be configured any way you want in the PC Program, but the "Quick Setup" you could still use, you would just miss that flight mode 2 (middle) position.

dx5e.jpg

Mikedawson

Unless I am missing something, for the price of one of these and the satellite receiver, you could buy 2 lemon stabilizer plus 7 channel receivers that do the same thing. This is of course, if I am not missing some functionality that the video does not describe. I am all for new tech and more choices, but for me the lemon receivers are doing the job.

Yes on the lemon!!!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
One is on it's way. Now I just have to figure out what to put it in.

I see they will also have a nano dual brushed board soon that they used in the latest build video.

This should make it easier to do cool stuff for indoor flys!

Cheers!
LitterBug

EDIT: Think it will go in the 3D printed Eclipson Model-V.

Last edited:

PHerder

I have two. One installed in a Rainbow wing (sub 250g) (flies great! REALLY like the auto launch!) The second one is going in an older SU-34 that I have flown with several different FCs (SAFE RX and Eagle Tree Guardian 2d/3d). The SU-34 is from RC Powers. Just got it setup with the Aura and a Spektrum Sat and waiting for good weather and light winds (not holding my breath... I am in the windiest average speed wind city in the CONUS!) 70 here today... Snow predicted for Friday. :unsure:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have had an Aura lite for a while now and am FINALLY getting around to getting it set up in a wing. Rather than putting it in my Strix Nano Goblin like Josh did, It is going in a Strix Alatus. Going through the initial config right now using a LemonRX Diversity Satelite. Using a Caddx Turtle V2 for the camera, and a RMRC 200mw VTX that the Alatus was designed to fit perfectly. Seriously considering getting another Aura for one of my Nano Goblins. I've been playing with iNav with some older F3 FCs and have had some really bad experiences with a nano goblin, and a RMRC Nano Skyhunter doing some funky things where the controls hang in a right roll. Thinking simple is better.

AlatusFTaura5.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

Ry_tha_Fly

Guys I’m a newbie to this , 11yo and need some help. I can get the Aura 5 to bind to my Spectrum AR410 and my AR6610T (RX bind led goes from flash to solid ) and my dx-6e tx says it’s bound. BBBUUUTT...... the Aura 5 led light say its still searching for RX. Any ideas? Thanks

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Guys I’m a newbie to this , 11yo and need some help. I can get the Aura 5 to bind to my Spectrum AR410 and my AR6610T (RX bind led goes from flash to solid ) and my dx-6e tx says it’s bound. BBBUUUTT...... the Aura 5 led light say its still searching for RX. Any ideas? Thanks
You need a Spektrum "satellite" reciever. i have been using the LemonRX diversity RXes for years with no issues just like pictured above in my Alatus build. https://www.buddyrc.com/collections.../lemon-rx-dsmx-compatible-diversity-satellite

Cheers!
LitterBug