wht size rc plane can build with a2212 1000 kv brushless motor

kingbee

Hi guys and girls

just got a little a2212 1000 kv brushless motor here , now i would like to know what size of a plane can i build with this ? a2212 1000 kv brushlessMotor.jpg

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
Not tiny, but not huge, usually:) of the ft planes, anything ranging from baby blender size, to simple soarer, take into account thay I am saying size, not that those have the recommended power setup, although... about 30 inches to 50 inches and not excessively heavy. So in other words, about any average size plane.

kingbee

i put it on ft delta it dosent have enuff power wont take off , even tried handlunch broke like 4 propeller .

ty for your input thumb up.

Last edited:

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
I used those motors on my first few scratch built planes from 20" to 60" (simple soarer-ish) wing span. I believe that motor with a 30A esc and 8X6 or 8X4.something prop with a 3S battery will "fly" just about anything in the above mentioned wing span. Think park flyer size.

Be safe and have fun,
Tommy

Team_Monkey

The maximum power on that motor is about 150W. You can build a sport plane up to about 16-20oz. or a trainer/slow flyer up to almost 32 oz. that motor would be great on something like a GWS slowstick or almost any of the FT planes. You can get many park flyer planes to fly on 150W, it will just dictate if you can throw it around aggressively or float around.

It can only handle 10-12A continuously so build accordingly to stay light. Use a light 18-20A ESC and a small 3S LiPo. Something like a 20C, 1000mAh is cheap and light or you could go with a 30C, 500-800mAh 3S. If you need speed go with the 8x6 or use an 8x4 for better up-lines and longer flight times.

Have fun!

ruud

It should definitely have enough power for the FT Delta. What battery, ESC and prop were you using?

kingbee

Hi guys and girls

esc 25amp, 3 cell, gws 8x6,OrangeRx R615 Spektrum/JR DSM2 Compatible 6Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver. tx is dx4e i have a clip but can upload dont know how.

mymaps

The maximum power on that motor is about 150W. You can build a sport plane up to about 16-20oz. or a trainer/slow flyer up to almost 32 oz. that motor would be great on something like a GWS slowstick or almost any of the FT planes. You can get many park flyer planes to fly on 150W, it will just dictate if you can throw it around aggressively or float around.

It can only handle 10-12A continuously so build accordingly to stay light. Use a light 18-20A ESC and a small 3S LiPo. Something like a 20C, 1000mAh is cheap and light or you could go with a 30C, 500-800mAh 3S. If you need speed go with the 8x6 or use an 8x4 for better up-lines and longer flight times.

Have fun!

I'm pretty sure that it is, as people here is quite "expert" on the topic but, is this tested?

I'm noob too, and was afraid the 28mm motors would be too small to float around some ~20oz planes (that's the lightest I've been able to build), so I choosed a NTM 35 (1100kv), but now I think it's too heavy. I'm usually flying to only 50-60% throttle.

That post opened my eyes, a 22mm 150W motor is capable to keep in the air a FT Flyer??? Using that combination of 3S 800~1000 mAh, light building (lets say a total flying weight of 20oz) and a proper, small ESC.

Team_Monkey

The venerable little 24g "blue wonder" is a hidden powerhouse with an 8x4 and has a similar power rating to the motor mentioned above. Most FT planes will fly well on those and you can see them in the early videos.

An NTM 35 series motor is over sized and heavy, as you found out, for a little FT flyer. Keep it for your next, larger plane though as those motors are great! :)

A decent rule of thumb is 100W per 16oz for a general easy flyer.

kingbee

Hi guys and girls

esc 25amp, 3 cell, gws 8x6,OrangeRx R615 Spektrum/JR DSM2 Compatible 6Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver. tx is dx4e

iam uploading picture so you can see propeller broken it wont fly and i am not sure it will with this motor IMG_0505.JPG IMG_0504.JPG

Last edited:

ruud

If the motor is only 1000 kv, try a bigger prop, 9x4.5 or 9x5 should work according to ecalc.ch.

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
The venerable little 24g "blue wonder" is a hidden powerhouse with an 8x4 and has a similar power rating to the motor mentioned above. Most FT planes will fly well on those and you can see them in the early videos.

An NTM 35 series motor is over sized and heavy, as you found out, for a little FT flyer. Keep it for your next, larger plane though as those motors are great! :)

A decent rule of thumb is 100W per 16oz for a general easy flyer.

Can you still buy a blue wonder? I could use a link.

Tcash

hello goodday bro/sis ,i need your help/ i have crash /damage about 7 rc plane i made using polystrene, pls what weight of plane can i build with a a2212 brushless dc (1400kv) a 30A esc, 2s 7.4volt lipo 3500 mah, all my avionics weighs abt 400grams without d plane

tomh

hello goodday bro/sis ,i need your help/ i have crash /damage about 7 rc plane i made using polystrene, pls what weight of plane can i build with a a2212 brushless dc (1400kv) a 30A esc, 2s 7.4volt lipo 3500 mah, all my avionics weighs abt 400grams without d plane

a 3500 mah is a lot of battery to haul around with that size motor. Maybe think light wing loading, like a powered sailplane/ glider?

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I have a bunch of those, I usually use them with a 4s battery and 8" prop.
My latest build with those is a twin engine seaplane, I have also made a ft cub and a 1.2 meter flying wing. Stuff with around 1 meter of wingspan and under 1.4kg works well with those.