Why are the vtxs on the crazybee x boards different?

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I was looking at the crazybeex board (it comes in the happymodel crux3 and a few different quads) because it has a reciever and a 25-200mw vtx built in. However, I run dsmx and the dsmx version of the board says it only has a 25mw vtx in it. Am I missing something?

Thx,
Mr_Stripes

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
They have started locking video transmitters to 25mw so you have to unlock higher power levels which becomes your defacto way to say you are HAM certified and understand what you are doing. Thus making it easier to prosecute later when they REALLY start pushing RC rules and want to stack charges to maximize profits.

Its like any other police action. They chase you for car theft, tack on assault with a vehicle, every traffic violation broken during the chase, reckless endangerment....and so on.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
So it does have a 200mw vtx? And why is it anything over 100mw needs a license?

Anything over 25mw F.C.C. (which is really only about 5mw radiated) certified requires a HAM in the states. Its so what you do does not interfere with other things in the same assigned frequency range. It works the same as wifi and their power ratings which is why people use extenders (repeaters) and better tuned higher gain antennas because the radiated powers are so low.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't get a HAM that is a personal choice. I do suggest at minimum to read up on it at places like Hamstudy.org so you are more aware of what happens with radio gear to better understand limitations and how to better use your gear. Its not just all about power.