why delete threads that openly talk about faults of airplanes?

sfactor1

my thread of the funfighters episode was deleted....it was deleted because i was questioning chad's censorship of david and josh bixler talking about the hk's 20a esc being placed in a plane that pulls 27a

sfactor1

i know that the senior forum members have read my previous thread....hopefully this doesnt get deleted before at least a few members read it

sfactor1

i havent been on this forum since the funfighter post. i just returned to post a buddy code and was interested to read how chad might have defended his actions....but surprise surprise...a good old fashion book burning took place

sfactor1

please stop deleting threads that talk openly and HONESTLY about models and episodes

that's the said reality. talking about a 20amp esc in a "sponsored"model that pulls 27amps and why talking about it is forbidden is undemocratic, and reminds me of 1940's european governments

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'm looking into it.

I remember the post, and called Chad's attention to it. In fact, I recall posting the video, and the time at which it occurred.

It shouldn't have been deleted, I can assure you that Chad would not have something deleted just because it was "controversial".

sfactor1

thx...i was very deliberate about being cryptic about the details so as not to offend anybody and to give the opportunity of a fair rebutal...but that was not enough :confused:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Chad wasn't offended by the "calling out".

Quite the opposite.

He tends to enjoy such things, because they help develop conversations.

A point to ponder. If they were going to "censor" David and Josh, then why wouldn't they just edit that part of the video out?

They are kind of in charge of such things.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Let me see if I can summarize...

During a video about the micro warbirds, Chad stopped David and Josh when they started going into detail about the ESC in the planes.

sfactor1 pointed out this moment from the episode.

I asked Chad about it. He said he had stopped them to keep the show moving, and to prevent them from going down a technical conversation road, as they are want to do at times. (David does enjoy being techy)

I posted the video, and pointed out what time the interruption was at, so everyone could see what sfactor1 was talking about.

Somewhere along the way the post that sfactor made seems to have disappeared. (I'm looking for it, but I haven't found it yet. It doesn't seem to have been moderated, since it isn't in the list of moderated posts. Oddly when I search his post history, I'm only seeing 15 of the 24 posts made.)

Anyhow, at this point, sfactor1 comes back, and sees this one post missing, and then started posting angry comments, creating angry threads, and tosses a few angry accusations at the same time.

I am sure it will all be worked out eventually. It does have me curious to find the missing posts, it shouldn't be so hard for me, as a moderator, and all...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Found it.

Post #38

It wasn't deleted.

You can post an apology any time you want, I promise that won't be deleted either. :)

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Found it.

Post #38

It wasn't deleted.

You can post an apology any time you want, I promise that won't be deleted either. :)

That's just sad! All this talk about "1940's european governments", "terrorists" & "FREEDOM" and it comes to this.

What can I say, thanks for the laugh FlyingMonkey :D

Oh and please don't delete my post either ;)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
IMO Chad told the guys to "shut up" because they were about to start an unending discussion... And maybe they were tight on the clock...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It is all good. It actually turns out there was no "book burning" and the post in question, is where it is supposed to be, #38 on the funfighters thread.

Just for future reference, if you feel you've been slighted by someone on the staff here, take it up with them, before going on a crusade against the establishment. The more extreme your accusations, the worse you look when it ends up being an honest mistake.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It was an honest mistake, but someone who is passionate about what they believe in.

As I said somewhere else, this is a good example of why, if you feel something is wrong here on the forum, check with a moderator or a mentor, before doing any angry posting.

It's like this one time I was at the laundromat, and I couldn't find my clothes basket. I got angry, and vocalized how horrible it was that someone would steal a clothes basket. Then I found it.

It was embarrassing.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Just to help with what is sure to be some confusion.

I merged the two threads (as much to practice using my vast powers that go with this whole admin thing, as anything else...) since they were so closely related.

I think the matter is concluded, if the original poster wishes, he can have the thread closed as well.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
IMO Chad told the guys to "shut up" because they were about to start an unending discussion... And maybe they were tight on the clock...

Again! You are right my friend :)

They will talk for HOURS!!!