Why I love Flitetest... Well a couple of reasons anyway

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Flitetest is the best RC forum there is. We may not have the same range of technical capacity as some other forums, but you don't get crap like this:

'It's a shame you guy's Highjacked this thread
it was very informative, now it seems like it is 4 or 5 guys
writing back and forth to each other.'

'No videos of this system fpv

Sounds like it is very far from plug and play
And will be discontinued soon'

'There is smth wrong with it, I hope I am wrong. I am yet to see a post from someone who has > 4km range with stock antennas. Otherwise its pointless.'

All about new products that people are testing and figuring out. The posters of these haven't contributed anything or even purchased the products in question.

Just thought I'd share this to say thanks to the FT team, including the moderators and regular posters. We have a great culture here that's truly dedicated to the hobby and fellow hobbyists, and not to our egos.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Exactly. I have been here soon for a year and three months (since the beginning) - and I have never seen "RTFM" or the likes. Thanks everyone who is helping out.

Personally, I'd like to say that I miss quite a few people who used to post a lot but don't show up anymore...

- ananas1301
- FlyingMonkey
- JimCR120
- Jeffrey Saelee
- nibnobsam
- Shadow74

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Didn't FlyingMonkey have a username change? Or Is it just my memory failing?

Thurmond

Last edited:

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
No, he's off on what we Aussies call 'walkabout'. Doin' some huntin'. He posts some great photos on fb. Given his passion for big foot it wouldn't surprise me if he's trying to get a run on a certain Discovery Channel show...

IamNabil

Flitetest is the best RC forum there is. We may not have the same range of technical capacity as some other forums, but you don't get crap like this:

'It's a shame you guy's Highjacked this thread
it was very informative, now it seems like it is 4 or 5 guys
writing back and forth to each other.'

'No videos of this system fpv

Sounds like it is very far from plug and play
And will be discontinued soon'

'There is smth wrong with it, I hope I am wrong. I am yet to see a post from someone who has > 4km range with stock antennas. Otherwise its pointless.'

All about new products that people are testing and figuring out. The posters of these haven't contributed anything or even purchased the products in question.

Just thought I'd share this to say thanks to the FT team, including the moderators and regular posters. We have a great culture here that's truly dedicated to the hobby and fellow hobbyists, and not to our egos.

Everything you said is wrong, and I hate you because of it. :D (This is, of course, sarcasm. I would like to clear it up before feathers are ruffled.)

earthsciteach

I don't think the Flying Monkey on fpv lab is the same Flying Monkey. But, I could be wrong. As lobster said, he is busy hunting squirrels and pigs and going on bike camping expeditions with his hammock tent. He's written up of couple of nice blogs about these trips, but I can't remember where he posts them.

I agree with your list of folks you miss, Andre, and would like to add jetpackninja to it.

MrClean

Hammock tent? You mean his DIY Hammock with Superfly tarp? If it's the same guy, I just sent him a message over at another site. One so awesome I dare not say it's name, but visit regularly. Almost everyday though not much recently. A place of ultimate sleeping comfort both in and out of the home.

Which of course has nothing to do with this site, since I didn't post the link to Hammockforums.net. Oops.

Anyways, if it's the same guy and he gets the message, maybe he'll stop by the ole stomping grounds.

earthsciteach

If he's a park ranger in Florida, then that's our Flying Monkey.

That monkey is amazing, he's my favorite person in the whole wide world. There's not much he can't do, including use his moderator powers for evil, and write stuff on other user's posts as if they wrote it themselves....

Not that FlyingMonkey would ever do such a thing, no, never.

Also, the places that I, er, I mean, FlyingMonkey posts his blog type accounts of his misadventures is here...

http://panhandlepedaling.wordpress.com

and

http://monkeyweazeladventures.wordpress.com

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I don't think the Flying Monkey on fpv lab is the same Flying Monkey. But, I could be wrong. As lobster said, he is busy hunting squirrels and pigs and going on bike camping expeditions with his hammock tent. He's written up of couple of nice blogs about these trips, but I can't remember where he posts them.

I agree with your list of folks you miss, Andre, and would like to add jetpackninja to it.

I think that FPV Lab is one of my previous haunts...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
While I'm here, derailing the thread. I love Flite Test because it's a much more casual group. They welcome new folks unlike any other RC community I've ever participated in. The atmosphere of their forum is much more relaxed, and will tolerate a little divergence from the original topic, as long as it's respectful.

I feel better, now that I brought things back on track. :D

robschonk

While I'm here, derailing the thread. I love Flite Test because it's a much more casual group. They welcome new folks unlike any other RC community I've ever participated in. The atmosphere of their forum is much more relaxed, and will tolerate a little divergence from the original topic, as long as it's respectful.

I feel better, now that I brought things back on track. :D

Just to derail the thread again.....

+10 on the S&W M&P 15. Had one for about 4 years and love it. Gave one to each of my sons and my SIL for Christmas a year ago. I wouldn't go hiking in hog country without packing something.

http://monkeyweazeladventures.wordp...ou-never-shoot-anything-or-hiking-with-a-gun/

Ok, back on track.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Flying Monkey appears only when he is mentioned thrice, or when someone challenges his leadership.

And yes teach, I miss jetpackninja too.