WHY is Josh(Scott) acting strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I really enjoy the banter between the two and the way JS catches JB misspeaking from time to time. Keeps him in check and vice versa.

jd7792

Aussies are well know for having a "Strange sense of humor!" Me included!

You got it, I'm from down under. I'm an Aussie, I am BRAND NEW to this hobby and have lots of (stupid?) questions rolling around in my head.

I am under no misunderstanding that both Josh's are 1) Very Smart, 2) Have lots of information to pass on, 3) Are VERY entertaining to watch, but you know what, most of all they make me feel comfortable watching and learning without being restricted to having to read letters from pompus characters that really only want to show me how much further into the hobby they are than me!

Do I want to watch 2 guys talking very seriously into a camera and using big new (to me) terms that make me think that this hobby is just far too hard for me to try? HELL NO! I want 2 guys that are fairly layed back, without being stupid, entertaining, and single handidly keeping my addiction to RC flying out of control!

I am watching and reading this site all day, every day. Because I like what I see.

Keep the recipe as it is ...... It's working well!

Carbon

Elemental Madness
to me josh Scott's questions are the best part of the show. They add a human element to it and actually some of his questions are really helpful. Maybe his "lack of intelligence" is something I can relate to..

EricHartmann

Acclaimed Aviator
Every time I see Josh do something funny I think of Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin. Josh S even looks like a bit like Lewis.

Windytech

I'm sure it wasn't planned on purpose, but Josh S. brings a certain amount of approachability to the show. This may be a bad example, but I'm about 29, and from the (unfortunately) MTV generation. I tell my wife that it's sort of a "cool" thing to do RC these days (she's from the old school of thought where it was okay for retirees and nerds)...it gets a a bad rep. To illustrate this, I showed her a couple Flitetest video clips...I have always loved aviation and I technology - this is just a natural extension of that. Best of both worlds, so to speak.

She now agrees.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Nothing Strange about Josh Scott at all. In fact we purchased an AR Drone because of him!! I actually don't like the AR Drone but it was worth the money just for the iPad2, iPod Touch and the iPhone 4 it came with :)

Thanks Josh ;)

BTW: My son said he doesn't like the title of this thread

SamSmith

He's not strange or stupid, it's part of the show, you have JB who's the technical guy, and JS who comes across as though he's learning, which helps everyone else learn.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I could be wrong, but I think that strangeness or quirkiness on Josh Scott's part isn't really an act.
Seems like a great guy. Got a nice little family.
I bet he's be a blast to hang out with or make a hamburger run with.
Bixler and Chad too, for that matter :)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I could be wrong, but I think that strangeness or quirkiness on Josh Scott's part isn't really an act.
Seems like a great guy. Got a nice little family.
I bet he's be a blast to hang out with or make a hamburger run with.
Bixler and Chad too, for that matter :)

He is really good at making random fun out of nowhere, that means he does it often... But I think he can be serious too. Oh, and the "dumbness", "childishness" and stuff is just for fun. "I like pictures. Because I can't read."

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
He is really good at making random fun out of nowhere, that means he does it often... But I think he can be serious too. Oh, and the "dumbness", "childishness" and stuff is just for fun. "I like pictures. Because I can't read."

Do you ever wonder whether he has a written script or whether its comedy on the spot.

fred0000

I think in the "about josh _____" epesodes they go over the script questions, no they don't follow a script, their sheet of paper has nothing more then a few bullets with the key points they need to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.