WHY is Josh(Scott) acting strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
This thread is because i want your opinion on why u think Josh Scott is so in a word STUPID. I mean in real life i know he is normal but on show he confuses things,forgets things and miss pronounces words. Why is he like this?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
This thread is because i want your opinion on why u think Josh Scott is so in a word STUPID. I mean in real life i know he is normal but on show he confuses things,forgets things and miss pronounces words. Why is he like this?

He provides something that is technically called "color". He makes the videos relaxing to watch, instead of just being a ball of information. If you watch the recent build episodes without Josh Scott, you'll see that they're boring, unless you're looking for specific information. So he provides a means of introducing humor into an otherwise boring ball of information.

Sometimes he makes stupid questions that a beginner might ask, so that the beginner watchers can have their stupid beginner questions answered.

I realize that Josh Scott's input on the show is highly debated. But I also think this depends on two things: the skill level and the personal tastes of the watchers.

Most of the time it's just fun to see him act childishly.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I personally find his candor refreshing. The show was designed to have an expert and beginner opinion. The experienced RC pilots can relate to Bixler and once your at an ability to fly a four channel trainer, it's all just entertainment by then.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Without Scott - the show would not have been at all interesting.
Ha has to be really smart to come up with some of those comments :applause:
I LOVE Scotts humor.

fred0000

I can honestly say that if it wasn't for Josh Scott that I probably wouldn't watch most of the epesodes, i'm not into flying planes so alot of it doesn't interest me, and even when I watch a show and he does something or says something goofy, I can show my friends who have no interest in RC flight and they have a good chuckle, he brings alot of entertainment with him to the show.

as for Josh Bixler, you do a great job too, the way you explain everything is very "user freindly" couldn't ask for better hosts IMO.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Agreed. Josh Bixler is good on the show and I enjoy the good information. I actually found flitetest while searching for videos on how to patch my monokote cub. The info was spot on and easy to apply and I was able to go right out and fix it. Afterwards, I went back to them and started really enjoying the comedy. My favorites are Josh Scott's comments during the challenges. Especially when Bixler and David or Chad are flying and not really picking up on Josh Scotts comments. Hilarious.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
its a old common formula used in many humor sketches or movies like abbot and costelo; jerry lewis and dean martin; eddie murphy and robert deniro and so on ... lots of shows use this formula.

one guy is the serious guy who can provide all the info and the other one is the goofy one who make all the dumb questions, bringing up the answers.

its called "stairs"; one guy make up as a "stair" for the other to do his GIG. (its a "stage slang" here in brazil, dunno if makes sence in other countries)

earthsciteach

Josh's humor may be something that is lost in translation to other languages. Its what we call a dry humor. Well, its not too dry. His humor is more like a good, dirty martini.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
It's well appreciated down under. For those of you that haven't watched it, there's a hilarious parody that Chad posted a couple of weeks ago, which captures JS in a great caricature.

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
its a old common formula used in many humor sketches or movies like abbot and costelo; jerry lewis and dean martin; eddie murphy and robert deniro and so on ... lots of shows use this formula.

one guy is the serious guy who can provide all the info and the other one is the goofy one who make all the dumb questions, bringing up the answers.

Dave Powers used to have both of those two elements rolled into one! I think that was the secret to his sauce......

Unfortunately, it seems that he has lost interest, or patients with his noob followers. His off camera RC Course "pitch" is boring, and lacks any of the magic he had bottled for so many years with his informative, and entertaining videos.

The Joshes fill a void left in the RC video world since Dave's departure from the field. Without both elements/Joshes in place, the Flitetest magic would go {({POOF})}, and disappear like it has for RC Powers.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
"Jerry Lewis, Eddie Murphy, Dave Powers" and Josh Scott? That is kind of like a mule at the Kentucky Derby don't you think! :)
He knows he can't win. He is just happy to be there with all the thoroughbreds.

Thurmond

fwa2500

Ramp Rat
stephen fry and allen davies play the same rolls in the bbc's panel quiz show QI. While yes, it can get old sometimes, it helps make the show. (I HIGHLY recommend watching it, you can find episodes on youtube)

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
Dave Powers used to have both of those two elements rolled into one! I think that was the secret to his sauce......

Unfortunately, it seems that he has lost interest, or patients with his noob followers. His off camera RC Course "pitch" is boring, and lacks any of the magic he had bottled for so many years with his informative, and entertaining videos.

The Joshes fill a void left in the RC video world since Dave's departure from the field. Without both elements/Joshes in place, the Flitetest magic would go {({POOF})}, and disappear like it has for RC Powers.

Agreed. The humor makes it much more enjoyable for us "young-uns"

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I realy enjoy Scots humour its one of the things that make the show stand out....and by the way skyslayer if you are to accuse people of mispronouncing words dont........ miss spell it..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.