Why is my AHRS going crazy ?

Anselme

Hello !

I bought a Skysight S60 Long Range transmitter with built in OSD and AHRS. I do have a correct video in my goggles, the OSD is displaying as it should. I am using this VTx in AHRS mode, without GPS nor Mavlink. I am flying a glider.

But here is the problem : even if I did the IMU Selftest and calibration all data seem to be wrong. The magnetic orientation goes crazy all the time, going from north to south just when I pitch my plane a bit. The direction I must face to go home is not changing. The altitude / distance seems completly wrong. Actually distance is the same as altitude. And it is displaying in Feet while I would like in meters, like it is shown in the manual, but I can't find how to change this parameter. The manual lacks some information...
Also, the OSD seems pretty slow to react like for the horizon, don't know if it's normal. This is my first OSD. I hope someone knows this VTx and could help me...

Do you know what could be wrong ? Why do the AHRS not seem to work ? Is my S60 Long Range VTx broken ?

Thank you

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I may be wrong here as I am not familiar with that specific hardware but it seems in order to get all the features you want to use that you would have to have gps or mavlink or something along those lines so the flight controller knows where it is actually at.

Anselme

I may be wrong here as I am not familiar with that specific hardware but it seems in order to get all the features you want to use that you would have to have gps or mavlink or something along those lines so the flight controller knows where it is actually at.
Hello,

No, it's specified in the manual in AHRS mode only, without GPS or Mavlink it should work fine and give distance, altitude with barometer and magnetic direction.

But thank you for the effort