Why your avatar?

keepitup

I think I am the "Other Guy"!

Mine was chosen to suit my email account name and the simple fact that sadly I do not back down on much of anything! The original owner of the helmet would stand at point blank range and blast away at the police as he faced a police force that hated all Irish with a passion and believed they were all criminals. Having had my family also emigrate from Ireland, (from Scotland before that, from Denmark before that, from Scotland before that, from Ireland before that, and originally from Spain, all in just over 2000 years). It is time to stand my ground!

Have fun!
You sir are the other fella. Is your's as heavy as it looks? Mine is deceptively light looking. Pleasure to meet you sir! Fair skies.

Thorondor

My username is the name of an obscure but cool Tolkein character (who just so happens to be a giant eagle) so I took an image of an eagle and put my typical FPV expression on it when somebody tries to get my attention.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
My pic is a logo I designed that started with an all family RC car racing team, consisting of my two sons, a nephew, cousins, son-in-law, and myself.
Team Addicted: It's In Our Blood!
PicsArt_12-22-12.20.27.jpg

dap35

Elite member
One of my first jobs out of school was working on the YF22 and its always been a favorite. Especially this shot. I also use it as my desktop and occasionally, I work it into customer presentations to make a point.

Mine was chosen to suit my email account name and the simple fact that sadly I do not back down on much of anything! The original owner of the helmet would stand at point blank range and blast away at the police as he faced a police force that hated all Irish with a passion and believed they were all criminals. Having had my family also emigrate from Ireland, (from Scotland before that, from Denmark before that, from Scotland before that, from Ireland before that, and originally from Spain, all in just over 2000 years). It is time to stand my ground!

Have fun!
Oh hey were those the guys who are famous for their homemade armor they forged in the bush?

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member

Have fun!
Ned Kelly? He was an Aussie though wasn't he?

Legendary member
Yes he is an Aussie folk hero/criminal. Though his parents were Irish and the english hated the irish even here.

My family also emmigratted from Ireland though they were from scotalnd originally.

Have fun!
My guys left shortly after the Jacobite uprising. We're originally from southern Scotland but settled in West Virginia around 1750 or so, granted it was still Virginia then. Sir Reginald Crawford was Sir William Wallace's uncle, although we're not directly related.
I'm half English too though, Aspinwall family landed in Massachusetts around 1650. if anyone knows the name William Henry Aspinwall he's my distant cousin along with the Roosevelts.

As for my avatar it's the Lippisch Fafnir, a 1930s German competition glider. I liked the pic and I'm into sloping so I used it.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
My guys left shortly after the Jacobite uprising. We're originally from southern Scotland but settled in West Virginia around 1750 or so, granted it was still Virginia then. Sir Reginald Crawford was Sir William Wallace's uncle, although we're not directly related.
I'm half English too though, Aspinwall family landed in Massachusetts around 1650. if anyone knows the name William Henry Aspinwall he's my distant cousin along with the Roosevelts.

As for my avatar it's the Lippisch Fafnir, a 1930s German competition glider. I liked the pic and I'm into sloping so I used it.
Our ancestors were most likely neighbours. Robert the Bruce was a member of my family tree and our family was definitely Jacobite. From the area around Bonshaw and moved to ireland due to the religious persecutions and from Ireland duing the potato famine but took choice of Australia. Last name is Irvine and genetically descended from Black Christopher of Bonshaw.

Just a little family history!

Legendary member
Our ancestors were most likely neighbours. Robert the Bruce was a member of my family tree and our family was definitely Jacobite. From the area around Bonshaw and moved to ireland due to the religious persecutions and from Ireland duing the potato famine but took choice of Australia. Last name is Irvine and genetically descended from Black Christopher of Bonshaw.

Just a little family history!
Sweet!

wars_star

I just love star wars. have watched it many times and master Yoda is my favorite character so he gets to be the avatar. if you are a star wars fans or you just wanna learn new stuff about Star Wars you can take Star Wars Quiz. you will learn alot and its a fun way to kill time.

Last edited:

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I've been looking at the forum and almost everyone has user avatars and even very fun logos. Just out of curiosity... Why did you select this avatar? What does it mean?

I start with mine
View attachment 148461
It's a logo I designed for me, using my username in the articles section. HARDWORK comes from the way I have to look for solutions to be able to build with the few resources I can find. Because building airplanes here is definitely a hard work.

Please, post a bigger photo of your avatar on your comments :geek::geek::geek:
I randomly decided to change my avatar to this image I photoshopped in about a minute. I don't know why I made it, or why I made it my profile picture all of a sudden, but I just decided to ;) For those of you who's eyesight isn't the best, it's a cat which looks identical to my cat wearing a soviet style hat.
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 5.18.45 PM.png