WIDGEON!!!!

Hoomi

Master member
Anyone else HIGHLY tempted by that upcoming Widgeon? I read a series of books recently, where the main character flies a vintage Widgeon, which sparked my interest in the bird. Our local air museum has one on display, and I'm hoping they offer an undecorated version, for those of us who might like to do our own custom paint job.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Anyone else HIGHLY tempted by that upcoming Widgeon? I read a series of books recently, where the main character flies a vintage Widgeon, which sparked my interest in the bird. Our local air museum has one on display, and I'm hoping they offer an undecorated version, for those of us who might like to do our own custom paint job.
An unpainted version would be really nice!

K3V0

Elite member
I was super excited to see widgeon too! Ever since I was a kid amphibious planes have been my favorite! I love the PBY Catalina, the Widgeon, even the Bebop!😉 The fact that the Beaver and Adventurer come with floats is really cool to boot! I’m looking forward to where this line up goes!

mach1 rc

Master member
The widgeon is a cool.plane😃😃😃 I didn't know it was "up coming ".🤔

OliverW

Legendary member
The widgeon is a cool machine. I love those sleek lines. If it takes a 3s 2200, I am down. Maybe my new park flyer. And when the field is a swamp I can take the landing gear off.

Yodabutt

Any update on specs or release dates? I expect the Covid stuff has caused delays.

I’m getting very tempted by the UMX Turbo Timber. I’d love to know about the Widgeon to see if I need to wait for it instead.

Thanks!

K3V0

Elite member
Look what I just found on pre-order: New Widgeon!
1589767954939.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Ooh! I I was looking at the night timber too! The way the fuselages and wings are lit up is really cool!
Yeah! I’ve wanted the original timber x ever since it came out a year and a half ago, and I feel like horizon designed this one with me in mind! :ROFLMAO: But $300 doesn’t just appear out of nowhere... It’s most definitely going to be the next plane I buy though.

Yodabutt

I’m excited it’s finally on the website with some details. I look forward to release videos that I understand are due anytime.
It will have to be great to justify the price. Without the Aura or receiver included, it’s not as competitively prices as the eFlite Timber X day/night or even larger Timber Turbo.
I’ll have to wait for the video to make a decision. I want to love it.

Steve Harbaugh

I preordered mine the instant I saw it was available to do so. I cannot wait to get it! Should be awesome to fly off the water this summer. The lights will be cool at dawn or dusk. Should be a great companion and a more durable flier compared to my balsa and plywood Grumman Goose. The included landing gear will be great when I want to fly it at our clubs field.

Steve Harbaugh

I preordered mine the instant I saw it was available to do so. I cannot wait to get it! Should be awesome to fly off the water this summer. The lights will be cool at dawn or dusk. Should be a great companion and a more durable flier compared to my balsa and plywood Grumman Goose. The included landing gear will be great when I want to fly it at our clubs field.

Steve Harbaugh

Oh, whoops-I don’t quite know how to navigate this forum. Just wanted to add I think this Grumman Widgeon is reasonably priced, especially considering it is a twin. Love how balanced counter rotating twins are and having differential thrust is really neat. Really helps out with control while on the water, and adds another dimension to aerobatic flight.