WIG/ Ekronoplan help

danyd

Hi I hope that someone on the form can help me with a project I am doing when it is complete I will post the plans here in a pdf so others can try to build one them self . What I am building is a WIG, aka ekranoplan (lo flying plane). I am using Alexander lippisch's revers delta as a platform what I need is a way to find center of pitch and center of height. If any one can help I would appreciate it .
thanks

earthsciteach

Interesting question. While the forces of lift generated are a bit different than a "regular" aircraft, I would think that the relationship between center of lift and center of gravity (I'm assuming that is what you refer to as center of pitch). I'd start by trying to figure out the location of the center of lift, then determine center of gravity from that.

Can you post a pic of the ekranoplan that you are basing this on? Welcome to the forum!

danyd

I thought the same thing as you did but I was wrong I need to find 3 points on the plane cg, c of height
and c of pitch. As I understand it it is the angle of attack of the nose in relation to the tail putting it back to equilibrium. I an using Lee Qihui's paper from the university of Singapore as a gide and these are the points he described to find to make the plane stable and not flip over. Fig 1.
you can see a vid on youtube of airfish8 its close to what I want to build fig2 is of airfish 1 to give you an idea. Any help would be grate and if you need more info ask more heads are better at solving problems then one. fig1.jpg fig2.jpg

danyd

SWEET you are spot on billchuck the website's math is a lot clearer then the paper I am using for the bases of the plane thank you