Will Flitefest 2020 be cancelled due to corona virus?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I'd be careful comparing figures - Nordic countries....
I totally agree, we need to be cautious. But I don’t think WE have all the answers, Sweden has taken a different approach. Only time will tell who is correct. We should be willing to examine the evidence.

Measures that may be necessary high population density areas like New York, may not be necessary for everyone. The hospital in my town has furloughed about 30% of the staff due to lack of business.

Last edited:

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Yeah, I also heard rumors that it has been cancelled but afterward I heard from bix himself that it hadn’t...

This is why I'm leaning on hearing it direct with the FT stamp. We hear "It is!" and then we hear "It isn't!", so we don't know what to believe yet, y'know? I'll GUESS it's going to be postponed, but that's just what I refer to as a "WAG", aka a Wild A$$ Guess. :)

OliverW

Legendary member
This is why I'm leaning on hearing it direct with the FT stamp. We hear "It is!" and then we hear "It isn't!", so we don't know what to believe yet, y'know? I'll GUESS it's going to be postponed, but that's just what I refer to as a "WAG", aka a Wild A$$ Guess. :)
Agreed! Just saying what I got sent as it felt a little bit relevant

Mr.Grinch

I can say that I am firmly in the camp of NOT wanting FF to be canceled. I am however completely reasonable enough to recognize that it may be necessary and in that case I will not harbor any ill will nor voice complaints about it. I would much prefer to have the event postponed rather than canceled, but I will continue to support FT no matter how this year turns out. I’ll just hope for the best for everyone.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I can say that I am firmly in the camp of NOT wanting FF to be canceled. I am however completely reasonable enough to recognize that it may be necessary and in that case I will not harbor any ill will nor voice complaints about it. I would much prefer to have the event postponed rather than canceled, but I will continue to support FT no matter how this year turns out. I’ll just hope for the best for everyone.
Yes - I couldn’t agree more.

b-29er

I'm kinda watching this, and i've noticed airventure hasn't cancelled yet, and that's a much bigger event around the same timeframe, which kinda leaves me hopeful this will still happen. That being said, flite fest is full of events that don't have a prayer of leaving room for any form of isolation or distancing (like the build tents, flight line, and combat). it wouldn't surprise me if they cancel over the show potentially turning into a hotspot with so many people being in close proximity.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well most legitimate source yet, but I’d still like to hear it from one of the ft crew themselves.
9DC7CE90-BD35-4F0D-A3D5-B8566A611E83.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well I think it’s kinda funny that last year we were worried Flitefest wasn’t gonna happen due to the remote ID stuff, and now all that is kinda on the back burner and corona is dominating whether we fly or not lol.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
It's a bummer; flying events like this are a lot of fun. But, at the same time, with how the virus has been spreading, there's WAY too much of a risk of FF2020 blowing up into a huge viral hot zone. I'm bummed, believe me; but at the same time, I think it's for the best.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
It's a bummer; flying events like this are a lot of fun. But, at the same time, with how the virus has been spreading, there's WAY too much of a risk of FF2020 blowing up into a huge viral hot zone. I'm bummed, believe me; but at the same time, I think it's for the best.

Yeah, it's just too bad!:( Hopefully I will be able to go next year, but it's quite a long drive!