Will I burn out dual Powerpack C with Lumenier 2250mAh 4s 35c Lipo???

edster7

I am building a FT Guinea Pig with dual Powerpack C. I am running a XT60 Power Y-harness to both ESC's/motors. I want to use my Lumenier 2250mAh 4s 35c Lipo for a little bit more flight time and power. Will I ruin my escs or motors? I greatly appreciate any input. Thank you all!!!

Eddie

albent_33

According to EMAX the esc's can handle 4s. The motors on the other hand they say can only handle 2-3s. If I were you I would look around online to see if anybody has tried it before you so you don't blow out your motors if they can't handle it.

edster7

According to EMAX the esc's can handle 4s. The motors on the other hand they say can only handle 2-3s. If I were you I would look around online to see if anybody has tried it before you so you don't blow out your motors if they can't handle it.

Thanks for the input Albent_33! With my simple mind I was hoping by "splitting" the power of the 4s with the XT60 y-harness, the motors would do fine. Maybe that isn't the case...

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
each part of the Y will still get full voltage, the max current draw going to each motor will be cut in half but the voltage will be the same. Why not just use a larger 3s if you are looking for flight time?

tamuct01

I started my Guinea with a pair of 3S 2200s on the power pack C, but found that I would like to have more performance and longer flight times. The ESCs of power pack C are rated for 4S, as previously stated, but the motors are not. I upgraded my motors to something capable of 4S driving smaller props. The smaller props helped because the Guinea tips over easily with the narrow tricycle gear, and the 10" props would strike the ground. I'm running mine now on a Turnigy 4S 4000 and typically get 10 mins per flight.

edster7

Thanks for the replys! It all makes a bit more sense to me now why my "genius" idea will not work. Crap!