Will strapping batteries under the plane affect performance?

Jdk

Hi, ive got this mini scout and had to strap the battery under the plane as there is no more space inside the fuselage. Im using 2 strips of velcros and they seem to hold it firmly in place. Just wanted to know if it would affect the performance of the plane? CG and everything else seems okay
1590381400787839437070569968667.jpg
1590381400787839437070569968667.jpg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Do you do ground take offs with the Mini Scout?

I did it with the Mini Scout a few times but the ground I have here is pure country, not to many tennis courts to use as runways lol

Reactions: Jdk

Jdk

Yeah i mostly try to do ground take offs as much as possible but have to throw it in most cases(not a lot of flat fields and such in my area). The battery stays out of the way during ground take offs. So its okay for the battery to be under the plane? No change in plane performance?

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
It shouldn't affect performance too much. Probly only a click or two of up trim to counteract the drag bellow the cg. You shouldn't notice a difference while flying besides maybe a speed decrease of a mph or two.

Jdk

Oh ok thanks a lot! Im going to fly it today, never had success in flying rc planes for a year now :( . Wish me luck!