Will they be replacing speed build kits with maker foam?

Kuriair

Hi, just as the title says, has FT mentioned anything about the current brown speed build kits being eventually replaced with the new white Maker Foam? Thanks!

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I don’t know, but some planes, for example the guinea pig, look much better in white. I don’t see why not because it is the same price.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
So far I dont see any 5mm white board listed on their sight. They have the larger maker foam listed and the same waterproof board they've always had...

Hondo76251

Legendary member
The kits I just bought came in brown. The white is definitely easier to paint but its not quite as water resistant, at least before paint.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
So far I dont see any 5mm white board listed on their sight. They have the larger maker foam listed and the same waterproof board they've always had...

As Ryan O. posted, it is listed, BUT, the titles don't clearly describe the thickness of either product. It is only clarified in the Specifications section of each. And, for some reason, they list them with different units of measure.
The bi-fold 15 pack is 8.5 mm.
The bi-fold 25 pack is 3/16 in. (approx. 4.76 mm)
It would help buyers, if the titles included the thickness.

EDIT: Oops. Late post. Sorry! LOL!

Kuriair

Thank you, all. I just watched the latest video about painting and they did mention that they're releasing this kit in Maker Foam. I suppose the rest will follow in due time!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I did a review of the thick maker foam, vs Adams dollar store and the brown foam. I was waiting to get some (5mm) maker foam and I'll do a review on that shortly. I have a batch on the way...