Willy Nillies Barnstormer 250

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Hey guys - want to see the lamest maiden flight ever! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I didn't throw hard enough and with the gloves on I just didn't get back on the sticks in time to save it. Completely pilot error! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The real maiden flight - once I found a new friend and had him launch it properly - went very well!

The second and third flights were even better after I adjusted for more downthrust - but I lost my video crew by then - his wife was tired of sitting in the car waiting! :LOL:

Overall she's a very fun little plane! Very happy to have her in the hangar and give this very high recommendations! :cool:

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Awesome! Now that you see how well behaved she is with a 2 cell..... put a 3 cell 500 in the nose and let er rip! :)

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Awesome! Now that you see how well behaved she is with a 2 cell..... put a 3 cell 500 in the nose and let er rip! :)

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

I think I want her to last at least until the next one is flying, so I'm going to wait on that 3 cell for a little bit. :LOL:

Also need to see if I've got a 3 cell that small... :unsure:

PoorManRC

Master member
Seriously NICE Flying Plane!! I must have missed the whole Build...
I've been busy. 💔
He is starting to get a little better now! 😃

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Thanks guys! She's a lot of fun and the size works out very nice. Big enough to handle well and be seen in the air as a park flyer, small enough to stick a bunch in the back seat or to put under (or on) some bigger model heading to the field :D

I think I'm going to have to add a couple 3s500's (and that cool PeeWee motor mount) to my next Willy's order - the smallest 3 cell packs I've got are 800's and they are too fat to fit inside. :(

Just holding out for that next plane release with the rest of you :D

PoorManRC

Master member
Looks really great! We are taking notes and will fix the little issues you have mentioned in future kits. Keep up the great work!

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com
I just had to say, that's a level of Service I haven't seen in a very long time. I hope to have the opportunity to build one (or two) of your Kits!

In my 42 years in various forms of the Hobby, I've never built a Balsa Model (except static HO Scale Buildings). Something like this looks like a great introduction! 😉