Willy Nillies Cub to Citabria makeover

Hmm.. now I can't find it.
There was a second single version, the SA-550, removed the from motor and extended the nose for more seating/cargo and installed a turbo prop on the rear mounts.
If you want some input on yours, holler, I've designed and flown quite a few planes over the years. :)

Hmm.. now I can't find it.
There was a second single version, the SA-550, removed the from motor and extended the nose for more seating/cargo and installed a turbo prop on the rear mounts.
If you want some input on yours, holler, I've designed and flown quite a few planes over the years. :)
Ok, I found it.
It was called a Cessna XMC, which stood for "Experimental Magic Carpet" with the single test aircraft designated Cessna 1014 and later 1034 in company documentation.
The plans I have were from a Magazine and the fellow wanted to follow the concept of the single motor/twin boom layout in Tractor configuration. He called in a Air-Master. Not to be confused of course with Cessnas older line of aircraft. Pretty much it is a Skymaster without the pusher.
The Pic is the XMC, which I think is pretty cool.

Attachments

• Cessna XMC.jpg
    Cessna XMC.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 0

OliverW

Legendary member
Ok, I found it.
It was called a Cessna XMC, which stood for "Experimental Magic Carpet" with the single test aircraft designated Cessna 1014 and later 1034 in company documentation.
The plans I have were from a Magazine and the fellow wanted to follow the concept of the single motor/twin boom layout in Tractor configuration. He called in a Air-Master. Not to be confused of course with Cessnas older line of aircraft. Pretty much it is a Skymaster without the pusher.
The Pic is the XMC, which I think is pretty cool.
I remember seeing the XMC in some book I have. It's a fascinating little airplane