Yeah, I think the differential thrust will be noticeable on this one
If I had a better vision of the paint scheme from the beginning I think it could have been a stronger look - narrower more evenly spaced stripes and a better balance on the color gradient - but with the pin stripes I'm happy enough to take her to the field now.
Time to double check the control surface throws are programmed right and then find a place to hang her up till maiden day. This makes 4 ready to maiden planes for when I get back to the field
I agree with Jon, We think if you would have gave it a gentle toss into the wind you wouldn't have had any other problems. You are probably pushing about 50 watts of power between the two motors so you are close to 100 watts/pound loading. Just need to break the surely bonds.
But the %!#@$ Runcam made a corrupt video file so I'll get more video on the next trip to the field.
She flew great! I swapped the 2 cell battery for a 3 cell, and had a buddy to hand launch it into about a 10 mph gusty wind which is far from ideal circumstances for a maiden flight. She lost just a couple feet altitude from the launch, and then started climbing and tracking into the wind heading down the field! I think the balance was pretty good, but she had a hard time keeping a steady altitude or attitude with the wind buffeting. I took her around for one circuit, no fancy stuff, and in spite of a few unplanned curves and jumps she landed nicely on the wheels. Of course the nose gear dug into the grass immediately and bent way back, but no other damage at all.
I didn't want to press my luck anymore as the winds were increasing, not decreasing, so the one flight is all she had today - but based on how responsive she was to the controls when fighting the wind, I think she's going to be a great flyer with a little calmer conditions.