Willy Nillies GLH-250 Assembly Guide

vhandon

I just completed building a GLH-250 from Willy Nillies and since I took a lot of pictures I decided to create an assembly guide. I will attach it here hoping that someone will find it useful. These smaller planes are not really my style but I wanted a quick refresher before I jump into my larger winter project. Overall, the kit goes together really well and I am pleased with the final results. I killed my only battery that fit in this small plane so I had to order a few more. The maiden will have to be delayed another week.

20191003_190845.jpg 20191006_014624.jpg

Attachments

• Willy Nillies GLH-250 Assembly Guide.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 0

OliverW

Legendary member
I just completed building a GLH-250 from Willy Nillies and since I took a lot of pictures I decided to create an assembly guide. I will attach it here hoping that someone will find it useful. These smaller planes are not really my style but I wanted a quick refresher before I jump into my larger winter project. Overall, the kit goes together really well and I am pleased with the final results. I killed my only battery that fit in this small plane so I had to order a few more. The maiden will have to be delayed another week.

View attachment 144875 View attachment 144876
Awesome! Love the GLH.

Turbojoe

Elite member
Nice job! I'm in the finishing stages of their Super Sport. These kits couldn't be any easier to build and everything about the kit is exceptional for the low price. I made some mods to mine like adding hatches, landing gear retainer, bolt on wing etc. I'm also using the complete 2S AS3X electronics package from a UMX Pitts S1. It's coming out super light but those UMX linear servos are a total nightmare trying to make push-rods with any adjustability for in the confined fuselage space. Normal rotary servos would have made my build SO much easier. Building it as designed would have been the right way but I just can't leave well enough alone. ;)

Joe

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
The Eagle 2 is a fairly easy build from what I could tell during the recent rebuild I did on one. By comparison the BUSA kit will be a big jump in complexity, and also reward. I’d love to build the Pro some day, it’s a great looking plane!

vhandon

Maiden today. I need a better camera or hire a camera person.

I used a HobbySky 2204 (5x4x3 prop) and 450mah 3s which worked really well and even with a few washers up front the weight was well under the advertised 250g. I bought the micro servos from Willy Nillies and they are probably some of the best I have used. Can easily get 5-6 minute flight with this setup.

The plane tracks really well and required zero trimming. Full throttle passes were uneventful but landings require plenty of speed, don't ask me how I know.

TLDR review: Pure adrenaline.

TooJung2Die

Master member
I guess an airplane that small and that fast gets too small to see very quickly. Probably a good idea to keep it turning?

vhandon

I guess an airplane that small and that fast gets too small to see very quickly. Probably a good idea to keep it turning?
Yes, my eyesight is getting worse as I age so this one you have to keep close. That is why I am building the bigger ones now.

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Great job on your GLH! Sounds like you might be a little tail heavy if you can't slow it down much for landing. Here's a video of one our GLH's with c of g spot on...
Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Holy crap that GLH really does GLH!! :eek:

@vhandon I love the build guide you did! Reading over it reminded me I need to add the triangular gussets on the wing mount for my Barnstormer tonight :D Where did you get those cool black octagonal tape hinges?